এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Adolescent & CWC Coordinator
Job description: Job Context
- Contract length: 7 months (December 2020 to June 2021), with possibility of extension upon performance and availability of funding.
- Start Date: 1 December 2020
- Supervisor: Assistant Project Director, Bangladesh Betar/Regional Director, Bangladesh Betar Cox`s Bazar/Any Assign officer.
- Radio is one of the important and prominent media that can reach highly dispersed rural communities and is a tool for education engagement and accountability, awareness-raising, as well as a means of diffusing information and entertainment. Bangladesh Betar-the national radio broadcast channel of Bangladesh-designs, produces and broadcasts radio programme for the Bangladeshis in Cox`s Bazar disctict. Since September 2017, Bangladesh Betar and community Radio Naf 99.2 FM broadcast radio programme which include Magazine, Live Phone In, Radio Listeners Clubs etc. for about a million Rohingya people in Teknaf and Ukhiya. UNICEF has also supported the implementing partners, for the distribution of more than 2000 radio sets to the Bangladeshi and Rohingya people in Cox`s Bazar.
- Unicef Radio partners develop and broadcast radio programme focusing ost vulnerable people including the women, girls and adolescents. UNICEF supports to Community Radio Naf 99.2 FM and Bangladesh Betar for creating opportunities for children and adolescents to learn, share their concerns, raise their voice and participate to solve the problems which affect their lives. UNICEF uses approaches to disseminate lifesaving messages and raise community voices to upstream policy dialogue and engages adolescents in media platform to make them empower and agents of change. Radio programme particularly the Adolescent Radio Listener Club (ARLC) is such an intervention that UNICEF is supporting for quite a long time to its radio partners.
- With financial and technical support from UNICEF, Bangladesh Betar implements a programme titled “Advocacy, Communication and Awareness for Children and Women” to promote lifesaving behavioral practices and improve social cohesion and peace and peace building between host and Rohingya communities. The programme aims at disseminating lifesaving messages and raise community voices to upstream policy dialogue and engages men, women and adolescents in media platform to make them empower and agents of change.
- The successful incumbent will ensure that Bangladesh Betar is well-represented and contributed in the various sectors and working groups which include but no limited to; CWC Working Groups, Radio Technical Working Group, Risk Communication Technical Working Group, Site management, CIC etc. S/he is responsible for the smooth implementation and operationalization of project activities in the field. S/he will provide technical support to the Bangladesh Betar senior officials and community Engagement Facilitators in Cox`s Bazar in designing, developing and disseminating key radio programmes and IEC materials.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of all project activities being funded by UNICEf in the camps and host communities in the planning, implementation, monitoring and quality assurance
- Facilitate and coordinate bi-weekly monthly meeting of Radio Technical Working Group on behalf of Bangladesh Betar
- Coordinate, collaborate and liaison with the government structures i.e Camp in Charge (CIC)RRRC, DC/UNO Offices, Communicating with Communities (CWC) Working Groups and Site Management Sectors for strong representation and greater contributions to the sectors/working groups
- Monitoring and track various community complaints, feedback suggestions and enquiries
- Ensure Bangladesh Betar’s integration, involvement and membership in the CWC WG, Site Management Sectors and other sub groups and sectors
- Represent Bangladesh Betar in the weekly/bi-weekly CWC WG meeting, Site management meetings and other sub-groups such as Information Hub TWG, Risk Communication TWG and Emergency Communications TWG and other groups and taskforces as and when required
- Provide effective and timely support to the formulation of a clear and coherent communication with communities (CwC) Strategy;
- Supervision of day to day work and performance monitoring of Community Engagement Facilitators in the Rohingya camps and host communities.
- Conduct regular outreach/community visits and ensure to received feedback and inputs from the affected population
- Review and generate summary reports of weekly and monthly inputs
- Support the development of appropriate communication (posters, leaflets, SMS, banners, audio messages, etc)
- Support a consultative process with government counterparts at local levels, partners and persons of concern to develop and implement integrated communication strategies that address the key protection priorities, including child protection, education, ana solutions approaches
- Advise and support coherent, multi-channel complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure timely response timely response to community issues and safe referrals of sensitive matters
- Build and strengthen relations with partners working on CwC, by developing and fostering open lines of communication with partners
- Liaison and coordinate with UNICEF C4D team, other UNICEF sections in Cox’s Bazar
- Any other tasks that are assigned by Bangladesh Betar management and UNICEF
- Masters in any social sciences discipline. Educational qualifications may be relaxed for the highly deserving and experienced candidate
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- At least 2 -3 years working experiences with an I/NGO or in any government institutions/offices
- Experienced in coordination, collaboration and liaison activities of NGOs or CSOs
- Experiences in working in the Rohingya camps would be an asset
- Willingness to live and work in a challenging environment with limited resources
- Should have proficiency in Chittagonian dialect
- Qualified female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
- Before fulfilling the job tenure if the employee leave the job the employee must back the whole salary back to the office
- Tk. 70000 (Monthly)
- Salary: BDT 70,000 per month inclusive all (VAT and Tax to be deducted)
Expected salary: 70000 per month
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 05:47:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!