$55,472 – $65,000 a year
Full Job Description
Must be Bilingual (Spanish)
AM and PM Shift available
The Assembly Manager position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Establish and maintain a well-organized and product quality focused, cross-functional Product Assembly Team utilizing knowledge of product technology; production methods and procedures; and the capabilities of equipment and personnel.
2. Provide leadership to the Product Assembly Team by providing direction, resolving problems, preparing schedules, and setting deadlines to ensure timely completion of work, while coordinating activities of the Product Assembly Department with the related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy of operation.
3. Review and evaluate methods, procedures and practices used to accomplishing Department objectives for developing and implementing best-practice methods, procedures and practices.
4. Performs assembly production management activities in a team-based manufacturing environment.
5. Confers with management personnel in establishing production and quality control standards pertaining to types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products on ordered.
6. Coordinates production activities with Methods Engineering, Materials Control, Fabrication, Testing, Quality Control and Sales & Marketing departments to obtain optimum production and maintain on-time delivery of products.
7. Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with established due dates.
8. Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas
9. Confers with supervisors to obtain data required for planning department activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
10. Evaluates quality and performance levels of assembly team and team members to ensure the team meets performance objectives.
11. Consults with engineering and quality assurance personnel regarding component fit-and-function in order to improve production and product quality.
12. Provides leadership in product quality improvement and defect reductions through quality inspection, cause identification and corrective action implementation.
13. Provides focused effort for cost improvement and containment including labor and material reduction initiatives and control of indirect expenses.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the SVP of Operations
- Leadership / Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis / Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency / Collaboration Skills.
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity / Learning Orientation
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. Physical exertion in running the plant floor and handling heavy parts is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
1. 4 Years of assembly experience, prior supervisory experience in an assembly or production environment.
2. Thorough knowledge of assembly methods and procedures related to Cole Industries’ product lines.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associates Degree or Graduate of Vocational Program
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Cole Kepro International LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,472.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location