ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Assistant General Manager – Finance & Accounts (Dhaka)
Job description: Job Context
Assistant General Manager – Finance and Accounts (AGM-F&A), to be recruited for a reputed national development organization reportable to Head of Finance and Accounts unit. The organization has been recognized nationally for creating innovative collaborations and partnerships empowering the community in areas of social commodity distribution services/business, sustainable livelihoods, health, quality education, & environmental resilience and Microfinance services.
- As a member of the Finance and Accounts Unit, the Assistant General Manager – Finance and Accounts will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible to undertake financial and accounts functions of Program implementation in the Dhaka Office and field offices in accord with relevant organizational policies and rules, and ensure regular review and updating of the same as and when needed including proper documentation;
- Ensure compliance with organizational financial management policy and relevant Government laws and regulations and maintain transparency and accountability in financial operations;
- Oversee functions of processing and checking bills and vouchers, maintaining cashbooks, ledgers, records of receipt of fund, bank transactions, grants record and the bank-book in hard and electronic versions;
- Ensure preparation of annual budget and monitoring it periodically, review expenditures and suggest corrective measures, undertake budget revision from time to time as per requirement;
- Ensure preparation of periodical financial statements and reports for the Governing Board, Microcredit regulatory Authority (MRA), PKSF, NGO Affairs Bureau/Government, NBR, development partners, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure preparation of necessary documents for NGOAB for renewal of registration, project approval, fund clearance, budget revision, audit and annual report;
- Ensure compliance with Income Tax and VAT regulations, especially in terms of salary & benefits as well as procurement, supplies, services and all other transactions having implications of taxes, duties, VAT and other regulatory obligations;
- Coordinate effective operation of staff provident fund and gratuity fund as per relevant rules;
- Coordinate and strengthen the financial management system and capacity of the field offices, ensure fund flow for field operations, review budgets & expenditure, facilitate trainings and orientations on financial matters, among other things, for the field staff/volunteers;
- Represent the organization in stakeholder meetings/platforms as and when relevant and necessary;
- Coordinate regular/periodic external audits of both the organization and projects it implements;
- Establish review mechanism checkpoints in daily financials.
- Establish Internal Control Structure to maintain the organization’s transactions.
- Build and supervise branch accountants and handle accounting operations of all branches.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the organization.
- Master’s degree in, Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Administration and other related subjects; Professional degree such as ACA/ACMA will be given preference;
- At least 8 year(s)
- At least 8 years of work experience in Finance and Accounts, of which at least 5 years in managerial capacity in the relevant field in a renowned national/international organization;
- Proven experience of efficiently discharging overall responsibility of implementing financial and accounts functions of projects having simultaneous operations in central and multiple field locations;
- Credible record of being effectively in charge of compliance with organizational financial management and administrative policies as well as relevant Government laws and regulations;
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience of compliance of relevant Government Rules and Regulations as well as International Financial Reporting Standards; and
- Sound computer skills, especially competencies in IT-based accounting methods including ERP software operation; good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of spreadsheet (Excel) and MS Power Point.
- As per organization policy
Job date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 06:31:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!