এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Assistant Officer – Finance (Re-advert)
Company: Save the Children
Job description: Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
Assistant Officer – Finance is mainly responsible for supporting the transactional activities in the financial management according to SCI policies and procedure and assisting in establishing an effective financial system for rendering effective support to program and management teams in Cox’s Bazar Area Office. S/he assists in monitoring and reviewing timesheet transactions and map charging details in consultation with the respective program teams and inter-country transactions and map charging details in consultation with Senior Manager – Finance. S/he also coordinates with program teams to collect and fine-tune FD-6 & FD-7 budgets and to prepare and review Scheme of Delegation (SOD) before submission for review of Senior Manager – Finance. Apart from full-fledged facilitation in the financial reporting system, the post holder also supports financial transaction processes by making timely adjustments of advances, supports in the screening of payments to vendors, suppliers, volunteers, and casual workers, and contributes to monthly cash-flow and cash request projections for office expenditures. The incumbent works closely with area office team members to realize their prospective activities and service requirement and directly reports to Senior Manager – Finance in order to ensure timely delivery of financial services and supports.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 1 to 2 years working experience in finance, accounting and/or business services function, preferably in humanitarian response program with NGO and/or UN agencies
- Knowledge of humanitarian compliances and humanitarian response operation modalities
- Working knowledge of Tax/VAT calculation and regulatory compliance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Accounting procedure and practice in managing computerized Accounting System with International NGOs and Donor Agencies
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point. Comfortable with using online based applications and software for different purposes
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills and can work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and/or relevant fields of Business Administration; Advanced Certificate/Diploma in Finance, Accounting Information Systems, and/or Tax & VAT Management is preferred.
Contract type: Up to December 31, 2021 with further possibility of extension
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 13 May 2021 07:28:09 GMT