চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Assistant Project Coordinator – FlutNetz
Job description: Job Context
- The CIPRB – Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, Bangladesh, based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, is a national level health research organization, mandated to combat and prevent mortality and morbidity and thereby promoting quality of life in Bangladesh and beyond. In cooperation with Goethe University Frankfurt (GU) in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, CIPRB invites applications for the position of an Assistant Project Coordinator as full-time-position
- FlutNetz is a collaborative project between academic, government and NGO partners in Bangladesh and Germany. It is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany (BMBF). The project aims at – Improving access to healthcare for emergency medicine conditions in flood disasters in Bangladesh.
- Persons with disabilities and members of minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Any special needs of the applicant should be communicated in the application to allow assessment whether they may be compatible with the position requirements (e.g., travel, field research).
The successful candidate will report to the Project Coordinator, the National Coordinator and the Senior Project Manager of the FlutNetz Project and will assist them in the coordination, management and conduct of all activities of this collaborative research project. This includes participation in documenting the state of knowledge, developing the research design and tools, applying for and obtaining permissions for research, collecting primary and secondary data, data analysis, evaluation and synthesis, stakeholder dialogue, citizen science and outreach activities, and the preparation of teaching material, policy briefs, scientific publications and grant applications. FlutNetz offers a dynamic, inter- and transdisciplinary, international work environment that aims to resolve challenges of high societal relevance in Bangladesh and beyond. The position involves contribution-based participation in scientific output. In addition, opportunities to pursue a research-based higher academic qualification as a part of regular work duties may be created for suitable candidates.
- Higher degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., MBBS with a master’s degree in public health or PhD)
- Broad expertise in research methodology (e.g., clinical, epidemiological, social-empirical)
- Experience in academic research and publication in thematically related fields
- Experience with project management and coordination preferably in health research
- Experience leading teams in field research (e.g., epidemiological surveys, outbreak investigations) and/or clinical research
- Experience preparing study protocols, ethical clearance applications, grant proposals
- Experience with awareness creation, health education, preparing teaching materials
- Capacity to communicate effectively with diverse population groups including disaster-affected rural people and political decision-makers
- Ambitious, self-motivated working style; excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Experience organizing and maintaining programme files on a shared file system
- Capacity to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural cross-functional teams and with alliance partner team leaders, ensuring communication and information flows between stakeholders
- Commitment to academic excellence, UHC, rights-based community development approaches
- Willingness and capacity to personally conduct and lead field research in remote areas of Bangladesh under challenging environmental and logistic conditions
- Excellent scientific writing skills (English) and excellent general communication skills (Bangla, English)
- This position is offered initially for a fixed-term period of 12 months with the possibility of extension until 31/03/2023 depending on performance. Duty stations are Dhaka (main office) and Chattogram.
- Fixed term (Salary according to CIPRB`s pay structure; approximate consolidated salary Tk. 141,000) in the international research project
Location: Chittagong – Dhaka
Job date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 05:39:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!