এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Associate Director – Program Quality Assurance
Job description: Job Context
- iDE Bangladesh is seeking an Associate Director – Program Quality Assurance (AD-PQA) who will be responsible for ensuring that iDE`s programs in Bangladesh adhere to the highest quality of internal and external benchmarks as they contribute to iDE`s Vision. We are seeking an innovative and strategic individual who will provide leadership in the areas of program design, knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning within a dynamic setting.
- The AD-PQA will lead the design and development of strong internal quality control measures for programs and projects ensuring an integrated vision of success amongst different components and actors, and focus on achieving the defined results. The individual is expected to manage multiple teams and identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate programmatic, operational and management adjustments. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in outcomes despite urgent deadlines. It is essential that the associate director emphasizes sharing and encourages peer-to-peer support within the project team members. The position also provides management, working closely with the Director of Programs and Senior Management Team to incorporate research and best practices to enhance quality of work.
- iDE prides itself as a leading institution in market-based approaches to design bespoke innovative solutions in sectors such as agriculture, water, sanitation & hygiene and finance. AD-PQA must iterate these norms and values in their approach and attitude.
- Job Location: Dhaka, with frequent travel to the field
- Reporting Line: Director Programs
- The key responsibilities of the AD-PQA will include the following:
- Strategic Planning (QA):
- Take a lead role in the process of developing and implementing strategies for benchmarking program quality thresholds and parameters to meet iDE’s vision and strategic goals.
- Communicate with and build capacity of project teams to understand and implement their projects to meet key performance indicators.
- Collaborate and coordinate multi-functional support activities between projects and iDE Global technical teams – Evidence and Analytics, Communications, Knowledge Management and Design.
- Organize, design and deploy periodic programmatic performance review tools such as evaluations, impact assessments and studies.
- Develop strategic partnership with organizations that can provide high quality support to iDE in improving its programmatic quality.
- Project implementation support:
- Support project managers and ensure project implementation is compliant and meets contractual targets and client expectations and provide technical assistance during implementation.
- Design and deploy periodic performance reviews including regular supervisory field office visits to assess the status of project activities.
- Coordinate with the Finance and Operations unit to ensure that programs are capable of compiling, maintaining and reporting on the monthly, quarterly and annual program reports, statistics and deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with key client and counterpart staff of donors and partners to ensure adherence to internal and external quality standards and to strategically influence programming decisions.
- Support project teams to review, design and revise their budget, worksplan and activities periodically based on inputs from donors/ partners and/or internal teams.
- Organizational growth:
- Coordinate and collaborate with other units within iDE for proposal development efforts in areas of expertise including analyzing and recommending bid decisions and conceptualizing teaming and technical approaches to maximize competitive advantage.
- Become a major contributor to the resource development strategy to ensure the portfolio remains funded and aligned with strategy. This includes contribution in developing strategic partnerships.
- Support the iDE’s new business by informing strategies, conducting periodic travel to evaluate new business opportunities, representing IDE, and/or gathering information to write a business proposal.
- Knowledge Management:
- Support knowledge stewardship-capture, and dissemination of successful and innovative approaches from iDE projects
- Advance body of knowledge and quality standards in primary discipline and practice networks. Formulate interdisciplinary approaches to guide project work, new business efforts, and technical area
- Promote learning and knowledge management through documentation and knowledge sharing around best practices and lessons learned
- Governance and Relations:
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of assigned projects/consulting teams (through engagement with relevant Project Manager/Team Leader) and appropriate Programs department staff, including supervision and evaluation, training and team building;
- Organize and attend routine (e.g., weekly) departmental meetings to maintain effective communication and coordination;
- Liaise with iDE HQ’s Global Initiative Unit
- Build and maintain relationships in the development community, including key clients
- Maintain key institutional relationships with partners in the sector
- Keep abreast of innovative and successful technical approaches and programs as relevant
- Fosters, maintains and/or strengthens strategic partnerships in collaboration with relevant departments
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business, development studies, management, agriculture, WASH, technology, and/or equivalent experience. Relevant post graduate qualification will be a bonus.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Candidates are expected to have the following qualification, skills and experience, and to be comfortable with the following conditions.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum five years of related management experience in development programs or other related sectors;
- Three years of experience at program management position with an international NGO
- Familiarity with various donor procedures and policies is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a very complex international setting
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy
- Experience managing a complex budget, partnerships and subgrants
- Strong experience in people management
- Demonstrated experience in program design (including proposal development), implementation and evaluation
- Considerable understanding of relevant technical areas such as market systems development approaches, systems thinking, adaptive management, knowledge management, women’s economic empowerment, rural markets, trading relationships, rural service provision, private sector engagement, public sector engagement, marketing, agriculture, WASH, technology commercialization, food and nutrition security.
- Experience in relationship management, particularly with donors, other NGOs and development organizations/institutions, and public and private sector actors
- Demonstrable high-level performance management and leadership skills, with substantial experience managing and building the capacity of other managers and leaders
- Skills & willingness to travel:
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative mind set and a passion for understanding incentives motivating multiple, interrelated actors in complex sectors
- Ability to communicate openly and to work constructively in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent computer literacy in Windows Office programs (especially Word and Excel); Familiarity with internet-based software systems such as Google Apps are of advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact constructively with a variety of stakeholders including rural households, local informal entrepreneurs, representatives of private sector companies and local Government representatives
- Ability to work in a consortium environment, maintaining constructive relationships with colleagues from all partner organizations
- Willingness to spend up to 30% of time in field locations, and to travel on short notice on occasion.
Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 08:51:44 GMT