ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: BANGLADESH – COUNTRY DIRECTOR (H/F) – DHAKA/COX’S BAZAR
Company: Solidarités International
- Job number: SRH04221
- Domaine de competence: Regional Coordination / Head of Mission
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Bangladesh
- Contract Type: Short term contract
About the mission
Desired start date: 25/06/21
Duration of the mission: 7 months with possible extension
Location: Cox’s / Dhaka, with frequent field visits to bases.
SI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
Today, SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address the primary needs of crisis-affected people in terms of: food security, livelihood (FSL), disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, through an integrated disaster risk reduction approach; and by taking into account the effects of climate change; whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI operates through 3 core stages of intervention: rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency // early recovery & transitional periods // development.
The mission’s 4 key strategic objectives: * Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalization through inclusive programming and protection.
Today, the mission has 4 bases, and 1 coordination office in Cox’s Bazar.
There are 3 main partnerships with RIC, GRAUS, Shushilan, and others to be coming.
There are approx. 200 staff (10 expats, 190 national staff) – plan to further reduce number of expats, and also major restructuring the mission due to some funding reduction
The forecast budget for 2021: EUR 4 million.
To learn more about the Bangladesh mission, please click .
About the job 1/2
The Country Director (CD) is SI’s official representative in Bangladesh AND is the mission’s focal point for both strategic and operational orientations and dilemmas. More specifically:
- S∙he is in charge of the smooth running of the mission.
- S∙he proposes mission strategy, taking into account the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once it has been validated in collaboration with HQ
- S∙he monitors projects, ensuring that they are progressing in accordance with SI charter and complying with internal and contractual procedures
- S∙he mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the programs to run effectively and supervises the administration of these resources.
- S∙he coordinates the teams and ensures their security on the mission.
- S∙he is the direct liaison for SI’s HQ, and works in partnership with HQ.
About the job 2/2
Coordination and strategic orientation:
- Monitor and analyze the humanitarian, political, cultural, social and economic context
- Propose, develop and put in place an operational strategy consistent with the association’s policies and population’s needs
Relevance and operational quality / operations monitoring
- Guarantee the coordination, development, monitoring and evaluation of programs implemented on the mission
- Ensure that programs are implemented in accordance with annual operational strategy, SI’s technical requirements and financial donor criteria
- Propose and organize the Human, financial and logistic layout of the mission
- Ensure the financial resources and means necessary for the completion of projects are mobilized
- Build and maintain team dynamics that enable SI’s objectives to be carried out effectively in the country
- Ensure that SI’s HR policies and procedures are applied (recruitment, performance reviews, etc.)
- Ensure work-life balance for SI staff and maintain suitable working and living environments
- Be responsible for the security of all teams and property on the mission, under the supervision of the HQ Desk Officer
- Monitor and analyze the security situation and ensure that teams clearly understand it
- Ensure that everyone complies with security rules and procedures on the mission
- Deal immediately with any security incidents that may occur on the mission and alert HQ without delay
Relationships with financial donors / fund-raising
- Monitor and analyze financial donor strategies
- Actively assist in fund-raising and ensure the mission’s financial stability
- Strengthen relationships between SI’s and financial donor representatives
Internal and external communication, representation
- Ensure that deadlines are adhered to and that documents produced by the mission are of good quality
- Ensure that key operational information is circulated correctly, on the mission and between the mission and HQ
- Act as SI’s official representative in the country for aid workers, local political and administrative authorities, the civil society, the humanitarian stakeholders and the media
Current challenges for the CD in Bangladesh
In 2021, the mission is reviewing strategic positioning and is currently seeking for other opportunity to develop or adapt its activities in Bangladesh.
it is expected SI will have to downsize a significant number of position and thus review the entire HR set-up, while maintaining a positive team spirit and ensure all teams work together.
Post graduate level in development / humanitarian studies (desirable but can be balanced by experience)
- Substantial experience in a similar or senior management position in an overseas INGO environment, ideally in both emergency and longer-term contexts
- Development sector experience
- Partnership management
- Experience of strategic planning
- Experience of managing large teams in multiple locations with various problematic
- Experience of managing security and access issues (including administrative hurdles)
- Experience of budget management and donor compliance
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues and partners from different functions and cultures
- excellent understanding of how donor-based NGOs work
+ Previous experience in South Asia is an asset
+ Previous experience with SI is an asset
- Excellent representational skills, to represent SI to a broad range of people and organizations including donors and government officials.
- Ability to consider, understand and make use of the historical background of SI presence in Bangladesh
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- A good understanding of security management
- A good understanding of humanitarian issues including refugees, protection, advocacy, DRR and climate change issues
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- An ability to reflect on and learn from own performance and the performance of the program; and to act upon that learning
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to take decisions and work in autonomy
- An understanding of and commitment to SI’s mission and values
Language: Bilingual in English mandatory
SI will offer you
A salaried position
A salary of minimum of EUR 3300 gross salary / month (EUR 3000 base salary + 10% annual leave) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 450 / month.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Housing package to be discussed.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI).
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The offices and guesthouses in Dhaka and Cox’s are comfortable and safely located. They ensure good standard in terms of privacy and comfort.
Cox’s Bazar, one of the most touristic cities of the country, hosting the majority of humanitarian actors, provides good opportunity for social life.
It is important to mention that both cities are quite polluted, and can get very busy and thus noisy.
Please note that the Bangladesh mission is adapting its way of working and living to minimize the exposure to COVID19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing and strict hygienic rules, such as handwashing, wearing a mask etc.
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong – Dhaka
Job date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 05:38:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!