ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: BANGLADESH – FINANCE COORDINATOR – DHAKA/COX’S
Company: Solidarites International
Job description: Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 12 months, renewable
Location: Dhaka or Cox’s Bazar
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) by making use of inclusive approaches and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI supports displaced people and affected communities immediately after a disaster through the distribution of various kits, cash for work, emergency access to safe drinking water) and in the early recovery phase by livelihood activities, reconstruction of dwellings, etc. SI’s programs build the communities resilience towards future hazard events, this includes how to evacuate people and possessions as soon as possible, how to protect villages and fields by building small-scale infrastructures (dykes, causeways), and how to incorporate adaptive coping strategies for farmers by establishing agricultural practices and livelihoods that are less vulnerable to natural disasters. Furthermore, SI’s 2020 strategy for Bangladesh has a three-pronged approach focusing on:
- Response to the protracted IDPs crisis with equitable basic services delivery through integrated programming for host and refugee communities;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks and community-led advocacy for responsiveness, accountability and transparency in the access to resources;
- Enhancing access to services through inclusive programming;
The development and changes within Bangladesh require a variety of interventions. SI will need to retain its capacity to respond rapidly in the face of an emergency whilst focusing on mid-term and longer-term development goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
The finance coordinator will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
As the head of finance department, he/she is responsible for guaranteeing the financial balance of the mission and for ensuring that all Solidarités International procedures, donor procedures and all laws of the country in which Solidarités International is intervening are respected.
He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all matters relating to management, accounting and budget monitoring.
Analysis of the socio-economic context
- Identify administrative partners
- Monitor the development of exchange rates and prices
- Work with administrators to define administrative personnel needs during the mission and recruit according to allocated resources and Solidarités International’s operational strategy
- Train and appraise the financial administrative team
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the financial administrative team
- Lead meetings for the financial administrative team
Financial, accounting and budgetary management
- Define the expenditure cycle and authorization thresholds and ensure compliance with the purchase validation cycle
- Consolidate the mission’s monthly closing accounts
- Verify the accounts before they are sent to headquarters
- Consolidate and check the Allocation boards
- Prepare, monitor and revise the mission’s financial programming
- Complete the consolidation of monthly Budget follow up and ensure that the mission remains financially stable
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress. Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor the mission’s operating costs
- Train the mission’s senior staff in how to use the Budget Follow up
- Prepare and assist with possible audits or inspections
- Prepare and consolidate the financial sections of proposals
- Integrate the new donor contracts into the financial management of the mission’s projects, adhering to Solidarités International procedures
Administrative management of the mission
- Negotiate and draw up partnership contracts with local partners and ensure that they are followed and complied with
- Supervise paper and digital record-keeping, as well as ensuring the security of administrative documents
- Supervise the quarterly mailing of administrative archives to headquarters after validation of the Internal Control Department
- Select and contract a lawyer who will examine legal issues and limit any legal risks
- Manage the cash flows between headquarters and the mission, and ensure that bases receive supplies
- Ensure that the cash box and coffers are well kept and that funds are secure at all bases
- Compile and monitor cash flow forecasts and forward them to headquarters
- Ensure regular financial reporting to headquarters, on a schedule defined by the administrative calendar
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s in-country registration is followed up
- Organize and run information and coordination meetings
- Produce financial reports that are in line with financial donors’ administrative procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at the national level. Carry out constant judicial monitoring, keep up-to-date with local employment laws, check information collected with law firms and insert it into Solidarités International’s documentation
Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International when asked/delegated to do so
Act as a link between headquarters and the field for all matters relating to finance
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
Line manager: Country Director
Line report(s) on base: immediate assistants
Functional manager: Desk Administrative Officer
Functional report(s): entire mission (excluding HoM) for financial matters
Main challenges for the position
This is a key position of the mission, member of the country coordination team. We are looking for a senior profile, with a solid experience in Finance and proven achievements in dealing with complex technical issues and challenges. While he/she drives the finance department, guaranteeing quality and deadline respect, he/she would be able to focus on interdepartmental coordination/communication into the mission and capacity building of the team, national and international.
He/she is a leader on financial issues and capable of a smooth integration with other mission departments and with a problem-solving approach in relation with the field; he/she is a experimented manager, able to reinforce and maintain the team cohesion and the motivation, even facing with a complex working environment and an important workload.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Keep up with the mission volume with regular external audits at mission level, high rate of budget revision/proposals, liquidation, etc.
- Management of complex co-managed budgets and budget lines. The mission uses a zonal approach to project management with up to 3 Program Managers utilizing the same budgets and budget lines for implementation in adjacent geographical areas.
- Strengthening the capacities of the Finance Deputy Coordinator.
- Support of Teknaf Administrator – Support in building the capacity of the existing team;
- Ensuring a proper covering and sharing of the support cost of the mission;
- Put in place the forecast tool with the Logistics Coordinator and ensure proper track of expenses engagement in the mission;
Education: Bachelor (or Master’s) Degree in, Business or Public Administration or Accounting or related field
- 2 years proven experience in a similar position required.
- Previous experience at Finance coordination position with significant financial volume (
8 million EUR at least recommended), multiplicity of donor’s contracts (6 at least recommended) * Proven experience in team management, team structuring;
- Proven experience in training & capacity building;
- Previous experience of project management in NGO / humanitarian fields;
- Previous experience with SI would be an asset;
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge in Administrative and Financial management;
- Knowledge in Audit management;
- Knowledge of DFID / EUROPAID / ECHO / BPRM / OFDA-USAID / SDC, UN agencies & other donors assistance policies, guidelines and financial reporting requirements;
- Knowledge in Co-funding management;
- Knowledge in partnership management is an asset;
- Knowledge of Solidarités International rules and procedures in terms of all administrative matters preferred but not essential
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Prioritization and self-organization;
- Ability to multitask and delegation;
- Diplomacy +++;
- Priority setting;
Other desirable qualities:
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite.
- Accounting software: Saga preferred and recommended;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
Experience in working in Myanmar Bangladesh or in another South East Asian country would be an asset;
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; a team-player.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience – from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem of 450 USD.
Social and medical cover: International staffs benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
For more information about Solidarités International, please consult our website:
Security context and living conditions:
The office and guesthouse in Dhaka, Cox and Teknaf are comfortable, well located in terms of security, adapted to SI team’s needs, and assuring to international staff the minimum standard in terms of privacy and comfort. The working environment is positive and the context, differently in each location, give some opportunities of social life, especially in Cox’s Bazar, one of the most touristic cities of the country, hosting the majority of humanitarian actors.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong – Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 22:09:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!