Access your account or create a new one for additional features or to post job or training opportunities.
Latest humanitarian reports, maps and infographics and full document archive.
List of countries covered by ReliefWeb.
List of alerts, ongoing and past disasters covered by ReliefWeb.
List of organizations that are actively providing ReliefWeb with content.
Curated pages dedicated to humanitarian themes and specific humanitarian crises.
Open job opportunities in the humanitarian field.
Open training opportunities in the humanitarian field.
Content Search Search ReliefWeb Search
BANGLADESH – LOGISTICS COORDINATOR – DHAKA Organization
Posted 27 Apr 2020 Closing date 6 Jul 2020
Desired start date: June, 15th2020
Duration of the mission: 1 year
Location: Dhaka with frequent field visits field visits
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarités International (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis-affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated DRR approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid / long-term resilience strategies.
In line with the 2019/2020 country strategy, SI is focusing on 4 key strategic objectives: * Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalisation through inclusive programming.
In order to reach those objectives, SI Bangladesh focuses on the WaSH and FSL sectors, with the following crosscutting theme: integrated protection and resilience.
As of April 2020, the mission consists in 8 projects, which represent a budget of approx. EUR 6.5 millions. We are working with IOM, DFID, SDC, Europaid, ECHO, OFDA. We are operating from 5 different locations:
- 2 Coordination offices: Dhaka and Cox
- 4 Operational bases: Dhaka, Teknaf, Bandarban, Shatkira.
To learn more about SI in Bangladesh, please click .
ABOUT THE JOB
WHY WE NEED YOU, AND WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Logistics Coordinator, you are the Head of Logistics departmentfor the Bangladesh mission. It means you are the focal point for all logistics-related activities on the mission. As such:
- You lead the mission’s logistical activities in order to ensure that the programs run smoothly. Includes, but not limited to the following: supply management; vehicle fleet management; equipment park / telecommunications management; computer equipment management and monitoring; stock management;
- You implement the mission’s procedures and logistical tools, and ensure that they are properly used and adhered to.
- You define the mission strategy for logistics, in partnership with HQ, and you proactively participate in drawing up projects and in assessing the resources needed for the mission.
- You are responsible for carrying reporting, and knowledge / experience sharing and capitalization activities. Includes, but not limited to the following : monthly logistics reports, proposals and donor financial reports, procurement files, Participate in coordination meetings relating
- You proactively support the Country Director in operational security management.
- You are the focal point for the mission and serves as the link between HQ and the mission for all matters relating to logistics.
- You lead your logistics team.
As of today, the mission is made of 251 National Staff and 16 Expats:
- Dhaka: Support Coordination for whole mission & Operations Coordination Base for EU Projects =
4 expats & 26 national * Cox’s Bazar: Program Coordination Base =
6 expats & 9 national * Teknaf: 6 expats & 209 national staff
- Bandarban: 6 national staff
- Shatkira: 1 national staff
By the end of 2020, your priorities will be to:
- Supporting the bases collective move into new 2020 programming and integrated programming.
- Consolidating the strides and gains made in logistics and supply in the last one year in the logistics department
- Optimizing the base Log Operations and Supply HR team in collaboration with the FieldCo and Deputy FieldCo Support
- Optimizing the contractor management processes
- Supporting the field base in the consolidation of all stock materials in the new warehouse and proper management of the same
- Reviewing prevailing systems and processes while ensuring they are compliant to SI policies and/or logistics best practices.
- Support the capacity building of of the Dhaka Log team
The job is based in Dhaka, but involves very regular visits to the field bases.
Please note that this is an expatriateposition.**
- You’ll be part of the support services team, which is led directly by the Country Director (CD). It is made of a Logistics department, an HR department and a finance department.
- You will provide support to the Deputy Field Coordinator for Support services in Teknaf
- You’ll also work on a regular basis with the programs team, based in Cox, which includes a MEAL, a WASH, an FSL and a Grants department.
- You’ll be under the direct management of the CD.
You’ll also be in touch regularly with your desk in HQ, and more specifically with the logistics advisor.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Proven experience as Head of Logistics department or similar position mandatory – at least 2 years: multiple bases, multiple donors, remote management, donors, external representation…
- Previous experience as Head of Logistics department with significant financial volume (
EUR 5 million). * Experience working for an INGO in a humanitarian emergency context
- Experience managing security, including training, compiling incident reports, and security plan revision.
– Proven experience in capacity building of staff
- Good financial / budget follow-up skills.
- High level of fluency in English mandatory
- Strong leadership skills – decision-making, diplomacy, and people management
- Excellent coordination and communication skills, and above all, desire to use them on a daily basis.
Do not apply if…
- You do not have the following: proactivity; perseverance; organization/prioritization skills.
- You are scared when you hear/read the words “communication”, “communication”, “communication”, and “communication” four times in a row. And “excel”.
- You are not comfortable with processes, remote management, HQ involvement.
- You don’t like working in a fast paced-environment, you are not field-oriented or do not have a proactive, hands-on mentality.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2640 gross per month (EUR 2400 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 450
Please note that there is no housing or family package available for this position.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months + USD 850 allowance (for each break).
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
You will be sharing a guesthouse with your 2 fellow expatriates support team members.
The security context in Dhaka is low risk and enables staff to have a social life and activities. There is a significant green zone, in which international staff can move around by foot during the day. SI cars are available all day every day and there are wide varieties of restaurants, for the evening and weekends.
However, please bear in mind that Dhaka, as many other capital cities, is a busy, polluted and quite noisy city.
The offices and guesthouses in Dhaka, Cox and Teknaf are comfortable, well-located in terms of security and social life, adapted to SI team’s needs, and assuring to international staff good standards in terms of privacy and comfort.
How to apply
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English via this link:
Yes, we do read those. We do not need a 3 pages-long letter that details everything you’ve done so far though – that’s what your CV is for.
However, we would really like to know why you are interested in this mission / SI. A few paragraphs are completely acceptable, and we are ok with bullet points.
Please bear in mind that we receive a high volume of applications, which means it can take us a few weeks to get in touch with you.
If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s recruitment process usually includes: an HR interview, reference checks, written test, technical interview.
Eventually, please note that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t made up your mind yet, check our . Country
Years of experience
+ 1 more
Posted 26 Apr 2020 Originally published 15 Apr 2020
+ 3 more
Posted 23 Apr 2020 Originally published 23 Apr 2020
+ 1 more
Posted 19 Apr 2020 Originally published 19 Apr 2020
+ 1 more
Posted 15 Apr 2020 Originally published 29 Feb 2020
ReliefWeb Labs projects explore new and emerging opportunities to improve information delivery to humanitarians.
Learn more about ReliefWeb, leading online source for reliable and timely humanitarian information on global crises and disasters since 1996.
ReliefWeb’s terms & Conditions.
Other OCHA Services
Other OCHA Services
Service provided by UN OCHA
OCHA coordinates the global emergency response to save lives and protect people in humanitarian crises. We advocate for effective and principled humanitarian action by all, for all.
Application process (আবেদনের প্রক্রিয়া):
1. Read job summery carefully to see if the required qualifications match with you.(চাকরির বিজ্ঞাপন এবং জব সামারি ভালোভাবে পড়ে দেখুন কাঙ্খিত যোগ্যতা আপনার সাথে মিলছে কিনা)
2. Click the learn to get the application form. (Learn more.. বাটনটি ক্লিক করে আবেদন ফর্মটি খুলুন )
3. Fill out the given form with correct information (সঠিক তথ্য দ্বারা ফর্ম পূরণ করুন)
চাকরির আবেদন ফর্ম পূরণ করার ক্ষেত্রে বা অন্য যেকোনো সমস্যা আমাদের কমেন্টে জানান।অথবা আমাদের ফেসবুক পেইজে যোগাযোগ করুন।
Stay connected with us in our facebook, instagram or twitter group to get the latest job post as early as we publish here. Also we would ask you to please share this with your friends and others who are also looking for a job to help them finding their desire jobs.
We wish you all the best for this job.
Stay connected and let’s grow together.