$20 – $30 an hour
Full Job Description
$1500 Sign On Bonus if Hired in July 2021
If you are looking for an opportunity in an entrepreneurial and fast-growing environment with the chance to grow a career in the beverage manufacturing industry than Western Group Packaging might be the right place for you. Apply Today!
Western Group Packaging’s North Las Vegas facility is revolutionizing bottle beverage manufacturing industry. With the use of almost a fully automated assembly line process we are in full production 7 days a week 24 hours a day manufacturing bottled beverages for top name brands. Our beverage manufacturing facilities are one of the most state of the art facilities on the west coast ensuring the highest controls in quality and production reliability in the beverage industry.
Batch Room Operator is responsible for preparing and mixing ingredients required to produce syrup for use in bottling operations based upon mixing instructions and ensuring the completion of clean in place (CIP) processes.
- Review daily production schedules to coordinate product to be run
- Responsible for control of syrup flow to production lines
- Mix and blend ingredients to create various batches according to formulations and mixing instructions
- Maintain the water treatment system, the reverse osmosis (RO) system, the process water storage tank, carbon filter system, and complete documentation of controls maintained
- Ensure all products are manufactured safely by following Good Manufacturing Practices and Safe Quality Food standards
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Lab to maintain product specifications and ensure food quality
- Maintain, clean and sanitize batch room equipment, area, and tools
- Cleaning and sanitation of production lines following the appropriate process as determined by the flavor characteristics and the sanitation matrix
- Responsible for monitoring and control of ingredients
- Maintain documentation and records of lot numbers, quantities, and expiration dates
- Safe operation of powered industrial forklift for moving raw materials
- Mixing and batching experience in the food industry highly preferred
- Familiarity with handling hazardous materials and following food safety guidelines
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Understanding of mass, volume, and density principles
- Understanding of basic principles of flow and pressure
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma (GED) preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
Ability to perform repetitious work;
Ability to lift 65 lbs.
Ability to stand up to 90% of shift.
Squatting, pushing/pulling, and climbing up to 50% of shift.
Twisting, grasping, reaching, turning, stooping, and lifting up to 80% of shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
As a food production facility we do require all employees and visitors to wear face masks and follow strict hand washing policies and procedures. We maintain a sanitary work environment through hourly, daily, and weekly cleaning protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Las Vegas, NV 89030: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Blending: 3 years (Required)
- Stand Up Forklift: 2 years (Required)
- HACCP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chemical Mixing/Handling: 2 years (Required)
- Basic math: 5 years (Required)
- Chemistry, manufacturing & controls: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food processing: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Health Card – SNVHD (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location