এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Camp Management Officer (SMS)
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Camp Management Officer is responsible to assist the SMS TL in the coordination of assistance and services at camp level. This entails building effective collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders, ranging from refugees, community representatives, humanitarian partners, host communities and local authorities. The Camp Management Officer reports to the Camp Management TL and works closely with the refugees, volunteers, other Camp management staff and DRC’s Site Operations, Shelter and Protection teams as well as camp level service providers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist in overall day to day management of DRC’s camp coordination activities.
- Provide daily/weekly updates of programme activities and track progress on the activity tracker.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the community based volunteers.
- Assist the Camp management team leader in assessing the incidents and needs of the community. Report incidents and findings to the camp management team leader and donors, and support in the camp level response.
- Support the camp management team leader in coordinating capacity building activities to the community-based volunteers.
- Assist the camp management team leader in coordinating the relocation of households from the camp to safer locations in collaboration with the protection team and donor staff.
- Assist the camp management team leader in service monitoring for all camp services including WASH, Shelter, Health, Food and raise issues, gaps and needs to appropriate donors/sectors.
- Refer any protection case to the camp management team leader.
- Assist in identifying site operation needs and refer them to the Site Development team.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining coordination amongst the camp actors, including government representatives, UN agencies, international NGOs and national NGOs and other service providers and refugee groups.
- Assist in camp distributions, as relevant.
- Support the CiC and the CM TL in leading the emergency preparedness and response at camp level including, planning, reporting, assessments, coordination, messaging, relocations and any other relevant activities.
- Organize and coordinate capacity building initiatives for community groups, safety unit volunteers, Site Management Support volunteers on emergency preparedness and response.
- Assist in working with Protection, Shelter & Site Development teams in the development of key relationships with camp and government leaders to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Assist in monitoring the distribution of all items in the camp to ensure that minimum standards and operating procedures are respected and applied.
- Support the Camp management team leader and the Community mobilization team in conducting elections and/or selection of the camp governance committee.
- Assist in keeping records for volunteers including time sheets, payment sheets and work closely with the finance department to ensure payments are completed on time.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the camp, in collaboration with DRC procurement and logistics staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 2 years of experience in INGOs, specifically in complex emergency contexts.
- Substantial experience operating in a refugee camp environment, preferably undertaking Camp Coordination activities.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes looked upon favourably.
- Ability to work with large, multi-cultural teams in a changing environment.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organisations.
- Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Bengali (required)
- Chittagonian (required)
- English (required)
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 28th December 2020
What we offer
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 06:22:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!