এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Camp Management Team Leader
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The SMS Team Leader is responsible to assist the Camp Manager in the coordination of assistance and services at camp level. This entails building effective collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders, ranging from refugees, community representatives, humanitarian partners, host communities and local authorities. The Team Leader reports to the Camp Manager combined with maintaining lateral communication and coordination with the DRC Protection, Shelter and Site Operations staff, whilst also supervising the Camp Management (CM) team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in overall day to day management of DRC’s camp coordination activities and directly manage the staff members as listed above, including coaching, co-ordination between staff, timely recruiting and tracking of team progress.
- Provide weekly updates of programme activities and track progress on the activity tracker.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining coordination amongst the camp actors, including government representatives, UN agencies, international NGOs and national NGOs and other service providers and refugee groups by supporting the Site manager in existing coordination mechanisms. Arranging the weekly Coordination meeting in Camp, sending out the minutes / action points regularly.
- Compiling relevant Camp information – writing weekly and fortnightly reporting as required. Update any tools used for coordination purposes or information management as required.
- Assist in monitoring, in close collaboration with Protection, Shelter & Site Operations: all technical work carried out in the camp setting, including water, sanitation and hygiene activities, construction activities, and any other activities implemented by DRC, as well as the activities of other organisations. Ensure all activities respect international standards for each sector. Assist in supporting information gathering and participatory assessments undertaken within the camp.
- Support the CiC and the CM in leading the emergency preparedness and response on camp level including, planning, reporting, assessments, coordination, messaging, relocations and any other relevant activity.
- Organize and coordinate capacity building initiatives for community groups, safety unit volunteers, Site Management Support volunteers on emergency preparedness and response.
- Assist in working with Protection, Shelter & Site Operation teams in the development of key relationships with camp and government leaders to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Assist in monitoring the distribution of all items in the camp to ensure that minimum standards and operating procedures are respected and applied.
- Lead with the CM team the elections and/or selection of the camp governance committee.
- Work closely with the camp governance committee and ensure good camp governance.
- Support the CM team in the development and support of the different representative committees and community groups, including facilitating the formation of new groups, coordinating meetings and workshops, implementing training and community interventions.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of community led projects.
- Ensure the info boards are continuously updated with relevant information around services and key messages.
- Ensure the populations have equal access to the CRFM mechanism and their concerns are captured and referred to the relevant actors.
- Ensure information desks, CFRM and hubs are operational, providing relevant information to the community during all times.
- Ensure the populations are informed about services, reporting mechanisms with a specific focus on women and youth participation.
- Assist in coordination with the government security apparatus, police, camp administration and the refugee community to ensure the security and safety of refugees and the camp is maintained.
- Represent the DRC in external forums as requested by the supervisor.
- Provide feedback regarding work plans, contingency plans and general programme implementation.
- Assist in working with HR department in all HR related issues in the camp.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the Camp, in collaboration with DRC procurement and logistics staff.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 2-3 years of experience in INGOs, specifically in complex emergency contexts.
- Experience managing teams preferably in an emergency context.
- Substantial experience operating in a refugee camp environment, preferably undertaking Camp Coordination activities.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes looked upon favourably.
- Experience in community services, youth activities, protection support and similar humanitarian programmes highly advantageous.
- Ability to work with large, multi-cultural people in a changing environment.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organisations.
- Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English – required
- Bengali -required
- Chittagonian – (Preferable)
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: G
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 4th April 2021
What we offer
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organisation never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 07:20:55 GMT