- Job Location: Headquarters based in Dhaka, with periodic travel throughout Bangladesh where SHN maintains a clinic presence.
- General Summary:
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) assumes overall leadership of SHN for the implementation of SHN`s mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives, specifically ensuring that Surjer Hashi services are provided in a timely, client-centered, and efficient manner meeting the highest quality standards possible. The CEO is responsible for managing and supervising a senior leadership team that can effectively serve the needs of SHN clients. Specifically, the CEO will directly supervise direct reports who manage marketing, revenue generation, financial management, compliance, administrative, and service delivery functions of SHN. The CEO is also responsible for developing the SHN annual budget, securing Board approval, and prudently managing the organization`s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations. The CEO ensures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. The CEO is responsible for developing strategies and overseeing their implementation for customer-oriented service delivery, service expansion, revenue and business growth, and diversification of revenue sources for long-term sustainability of SHN in serving the poor.
- Additionally, and with the SHN Board Chairman, the SHN CEO enables the Board to fulfill its governance functions of SHN. The SHN CEO supports operations and administration of the SHN Board by advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board and staff.
- Reporting to:
- Reporting to the Board of Directors and supervising the Chief Clinic Operations Officer, the Chief of Marketing and Program Strategy, the Director of Finance, and the Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- The Chief Executive Officer supervises the Chief Clinic Operations Officer, the Chief of Marketing and Program Strategy, the Director of Finance, and the Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development..
- Provide leadership to the organization and the senior management team.
- Ensure effective management of resources including recruitment, supervision, and development of policies, systems, and the staff to support them.
- Demonstrate and promote a culture of creative thinking, innovation, challenging the status quo, and embracing change for growth and relevance.
- Develop a long-term strategic business plan aligned with SHN’s vision and objectives, bringing the board members along, and implementing it.
- Prepare and present (to the SHN board) an annual operational plan and a budget.
- Provide appropriate presentation and reporting on the progress of the organization and matters relevant to the discharge of its obligations.
- Identify, build, and maintain business partnerships on behalf of SHN to advance the value propositions by this service delivery network.
- Maintain functional relationships with USAID, the Advancing Universal Health Coverage (AUHC) Project, the Government of Bangladesh, and other stakeholders.
- Acts as the spokesperson for SHN at public events including local, regional, and international meetings.
- Identify partnership opportunities and secure funding to support delivery of the strategic business plan and maximize income from a mixed portfolio of services to ensure independence and sustainability.
- Provide sound, clear and timely information and advice to the Board based on professional knowledge and understanding of the field. The SHN CEO assists the SHN Board Chairman and Board to fulfill the mission, vision, and objectives of SHN.
- Supports the SHN Board Chairperson to organize and convene SHN board and Annual General Meetings in a way that is consistent with the SHN Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Graduate degree in business administration/strategy/finance/management/marketing/ economics is required.
- At least 15 year(s)
- Strong leadership, people management, networking, and strategic management experience
- Experience in leading social businesses, corporates, franchises, start-ups, innovative businesses, or entrepreneur experience is preferred
- Experience in implementing bottom-of-the-pyramid strategies
- Experience working in Bangladesh or South Asia preferred
- Proven track record of implementing effective strategies to improve and/or expand business or service delivery systems
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to take and manage risks, determine whether new ideas are worth pursuing, and develop assessment processes
- Able to set up teams and systems to measure risk and gather evidence and data consistently for informed decision-making
- Able to set clear objectives; coordinate resources, people, and processes; and manage feedback loops to adjust approaches to foster a culture of collaboration and learning
- Proven track record for recruiting and retaining highly qualified, gender-balanced staff and maintaining gender-sensitive HR policies, procedures, and practice.
- Sound understanding of, and experience of working with, a range of government and donor agencies and private sector
- Has experience managing at least US$12 million annual turnover across multiple outlets.
- Creative, versatile and innovative, someone able to create and deliver shared value with partners and businesses to serve the poor and vulnerable. Someone prepared to be at the leading edge of thinking and willing to work outside their comfort zone.
- Has the capacity to fluidly convey complex messages verbally and in writing in professional English.
- Prior experience securing financing for business activities strongly preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of experience managing complex service delivery programs, companies, or social enterprises. Previous CEO experience with a growing company or organization strongly preferred.
Application process (আবেদনের প্রক্রিয়া):
1. Read job summery carefully to see if the required qualifications match with you.(চাকরির বিজ্ঞাপন এবং জব সামারি ভালোভাবে পড়ে দেখুন কাঙ্খিত যোগ্যতা আপনার সাথে মিলছে কিনা)
2. Click the learn to get the application form. (Learn more.. বাটনটি ক্লিক করে আবেদন ফর্মটি খুলুন )
3. Fill out the given form with correct information (সঠিক তথ্য দ্বারা ফর্ম পূরণ করুন)
চাকরির আবেদন ফর্ম পূরণ করার ক্ষেত্রে বা অন্য যেকোনো সমস্যা আমাদের কমেন্টে জানান।অথবা আমাদের ফেসবুক পেইজে যোগাযোগ করুন।
Stay connected with us in our facebook, instagram or twitter group to get the latest job post as early as we publish here. Also we would ask you to please share this with your friends and others who are also looking for a job to help them finding their desire jobs.
We wish you all the best for this job.
Stay connected and let’s grow together.