এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: CHIEF OF PARTY
Company: CARE USA
Job description: CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) to lead a USD $112 Million BHA (formerly Food for Peace) Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA). This activity seeks to achieve resilient and sustainable food security with the high-level objectives of poverty reduction, women’s and girls’ empowerment, and adaptive and absorptive capacities improved. This program has completed five years of implementation and has been extended for a further two years starting October 1, 2020 and ending September 30, 2022. An additional third year of implementation (until September 30, 2023) is possible and under discussion.
The CoP will focus on the goal of the extension period, which is to build a sustainable service delivery model to ensure continuity of positive results beyond the life of the project. S/he will serve as a member of the country office’s leadership team and will be accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and delivering results.
This is a particularly complex role, with very high expectations. As a result, the successful candidate should possess significant experience managing programs, financials, and operations of USAID/FFP or other international food security projects. Experience working in Bangladesh and/or a similar context is highly desirable.
Program implementation oversight
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID/FFP’s annual planning cycles
- Ensure high standards of results delivery including ongoing adaptation and adjustments to enhance impact
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes.
- Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs
- Ensure efficiency and compliant resource planning and utilization including risk procedures.
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives
- Manage and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance
Relationship Building and Networking
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders, including international-, national, and community-level stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders.
- Represent the project at meetings, conferences, and other forums
- Support Country Office Food Security, Resilience and Women Empowerment initiatives by testing viable models and scaling proven models within the program
- Strong analytical and adaptive capacity to bring together multiple moving pieces to achieve certain desired results
- Demonstrated experience in adaptive management and learning techniques
- Capacity to lead diverse technical teams towards shared goals and vision
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming
- Must possess the capacity to mentor and coach staff
- Knows how to embraces collaborative approaches to work
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including agriculture, business administration, development studies, international relations, nutrition, public health or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing leadership and management responsibility on USAID-funded development activities of a similar size and scope is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in country programs/the field. Previous management experience on a Title II Food for Peace developmental program
- Quantifiable experience in building/strengthening pro-poor market systems, resilience building and leveraging public services is required
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with maintaining high levels of quality despite demanding reporting schedules and short deadlines for deliverables. Ability to review and ensure accuracy of complex budget and expenditure formats
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to travel to and within project areas as required
- Experience working in Bangladesh is strongly preferred
Job date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 22:12:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!