এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Child Protection Focal Point
Job description: Job Context
- Samaj Kallayan O Unnayan Shangstha (SKUS) envisions a peaceful, prosperous, and poverty-free society that ensures everyone`s basic needs and rights. SKUS has, since the 2017 Rohingya refugee influx, worked in Cox`s Bazar district with children, adolescents, women, and men. Based on children`s, adolescents`, women`s, and human rights. SKUS has established quality learning and protection centers with support from different international donors, including UN agencies.
- SKUS is implementing the “Safeguarding women`s and Children`s Rights in the Rohingya Refugee Crisis in Ukhiya Sub-district in Bangladesh” project with the support of KNH-Germany- BMZ. The project aims to improve the well-being of women, children, and adolescents of refugee camps and the host community. The project also aims to secure their livelihoods and improve their ability to organize themselves.
- SKUS is looking for a suitable candidate for Child Protection Focal Point`s immediate appointment for the project as mentioned above, supported by KNH-Germany and BMZ.
- The purpose of the “Child Protection Focal Point” is to improve child protection coordination and the availability of urgent referral and case management services for children at risk or who have experienced violence, exploitation, and abuse living in the camps and host communities.
- Contract Duration: Initially from April 2021 to 31st March 2022, with funds secured up to August 2024
- Development of an action plan for the implementation of child protection at the local level
- Coordinating the effective implementation and monitoring the performance of the plan
- Networking with local child welfare, health, and law enforcement professionals
- Continuous inform all employees about the most important trends and resources for child protection
- Be available and contactable for urgent referrals of child protection cases within their allocated camp/location as needed/requested by child protection actors and actors from other sectors.
- Support direct referrals for children and families in need of access to services, including referral to case management services as required.
- Act as a focal point for other sectors on Child Protection related matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list for child protection and other relevant services for children within their allocated location and support the CPSS to complete service mapping.
- Cooperation with superordinate authorities or UN working groups on child protection
- Attend monthly meetings with CP FPs and communicate with others CP FPs as needed.
- Provide up-to-date information to the CPSS on camp level and host community child protection issues, trends, incidents.
- Organize camp/host community child protection coordination meetings on a regular and on a need basis.
- Participate in protection and other coordination meetings at the camp/ Union Parishad/ UNO office level and other Sectors as required.
- Provide immediate and timely information in an emergency (disaster) on child protection impacts, needs, and responses.
- Support all Child Protection actors working in the camp/host community at Cox’s Bazar for coordination challenges.
- Support community-level focal points for temporarily lost children in emergency
- Act as a focal point to support visits/events to ensure child safety (including supporting risk assessments as needed).
- Monitor CP activities in the camp/ host community and keep up to date on CP activities in camp and host community.
- Provide support to other projection actor working at camp and host community
- Support quarterly safety walks and mapping exercises, follow up and advise on response and share safety walk information with CPSS.
- Perform other official tasks, as and when required, for the greater interest of the project/organization.
- Work at office
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Social Science, Political Science , Public Administration , International Relationship, Master of Development Studies (MDS), Master of Law (LLM)
- Skills Required: Ability to problem solve, Coordination, Report Writing, Risk Management
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Case Management, Child Protection, Coordination * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 22 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Knowledge of Child Rights and Child Protection, Related Law and Policy, MHPSS, SHA, Peace Building, Governance, Advocacy, Community Mobilization, considered an advantage
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards humanitarian guiding principles (SPHERE, CPMS, IASC).
- Expertise in stakeholder management
- Sound knowledge on using different software related to data entry, analysis, report writing, preparing presentations, etc.
- Willingness to visit field activities frequently
- The candidate can drive and have a valid motorcycle driving license will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to work hard, work under pressure in humanitarian response context, positive and can-do attitude, and understand the local language.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 70000 (Monthly)
- Negotiable based on qualification and experience
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 1
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 70000 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 01:53:46 GMT