এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Climate Justice Policy Advisor
Job description: Job Context
- Type of contract: Fixed Term
- Contracted hours:35
- Contract length:2 Years
- The role will take responsibility for delivery of policy projects established to help deliver Christian Aid’s climate justice campaign, by providing policy analysis and advice, by writing briefings, reports and other products, and by maintaining an overview of policy issues related to the climate crisis. This will contribute towards achieving change objectives in line with Christian Aid’s focus on poverty, power and prophetic voice.
- An excellent analyst, researcher and writer, the post holder will develop credible analysis and products for our advocacy and campaigns audiences, in collaboration with the country programmes and programme policy advisors. The post holder will maintain a network of contacts amongst policy counterparts in civil society, and in institutions we are influencing, and support the climate justice policy lead in engaging externally in civil society coalitions and relevant advocacy spaces. The role will be part of Christian Aid’s public and programme policy expertise, acting as an external spokesperson and feeding in to strategic decision-making processes across policy and advocacy and the wider organization.
- Key outcomes:
- Christian Aid has strong analysis, positioning and research on the climate crisis, responding to the external advocacy context
- Our climate justice policy products are excellent, underpinned by strong analysis and aligned with Christian Aid’s strategic priorities of ‘poverty, power and prophetic voice’ and our theological insights and approach
- The post holder works with country teams and regional and global partners to ensure effective, coherent and well evidenced policy from a national, regional and global perspective
- A well-managed, well balanced, portfolio of projects, with appropriate participation from across Christian Aid which contributes to measurable impact
- Effective coordination and monitoring of work in climate justice policy across Christian Aid.
- Efficient use of existing resources and increasing levels of additional resources becoming available to Christian Aid to support delivery of the advocacy strategy
- Strong Christian Aid representation within those global or regional level institutions and civil society coalitions of greatest relevance to climate justice priorities.
- A post-graduate qualification in a related discipline
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years’ experience of working on climate change policy, ideally with international experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the current policy and political debates and scientific understanding around climate change and sustainability.
- Knowledge of power and political analysis and rights-based approaches.
- Knowledge of broader policy debates around environment, energy, development and poverty eradication.
- Policy research experience on related topics.
- Experience of advocacy, communications or similar work in an NGO, public policy or similar environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications experience, especially the ability to communicate complex issues simply.
- Proven ability to lobby effectively and successfully build relationships with key advocacy targets.
- Public speaking to a variety of audiences, including the media.
- Proven ability to deal sensitively and discreetly with people and information.
- Experience of working to deadlines and prioritizing work effectively.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience of working with civil society organizations in the global South
- Experience of project working in a large and complex organization
- Ability to work in French, Spanish or another international language
- T19,04,967 gross per annum
Job date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 05:05:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!