এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Coastal Climate Change Resilience Programme Manager
Job description: Job Context
- Type of Contract: Fixed term Contract for 3 years with potential for extension
- Duty Station: Head Office, Dhaka, with 50% travel to programme sites in the South West region of Bangladesh
- Job Purpose: : The Programme Manager of the Coastal Climate Change resilience (CCR) programmes is responsible for leading and managing current CCR projects, working with local partners in delivering project activities, which impact positively on the lives of the poorest people in the South West districts of Bangladesh through climate adaptive livelihoods, WASH, DRR, NRM and gender transformative activities. The CCCR-PM will manage any ongoing grants in the coastal context and work with the wider programmes team to develop new proposals and advocacy strategies for the coastal programme.
- Major Areas of Responsibility:
- To ensure that the Coastal Climate Change Resilience programme is fully delivered with maximum efficiency and professionalism to bring a positive change to the lives of the project participants through technical guidance and support to the partner. Including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the Project Implementation plans are developed jointly with the partners and delivered timely & effectively to ensure sustainability of the project interventions beyond project end
- Guide the project team and the project participants to develop the household and community based livelihoods and DRR Plans
- Guide and support the project team to ensure that community participatory approaches are used in implementation and also to enable the communities to take decisions and prepare plans for climate change and natural disaster resilience initiatives.
- Facilitate effective coordination and joint planning between the partners towards achieving objective of project.
- Ensure capacity-building support to partners as per the agreed plan.
- Guide and support project partner NGOs and Concern staff to demonstrate effective of project interventions and approaches
- To ensure that the necessary resources are available for the project and utilised effectively to implement high quality project for bringing positive change in the life of project particpants. Including, but not limited to:
- Prepare budget and monitoring of the budget to ensure value for money
- Ensuring budgets, HR and physical resource planning are in place for all activities
- Ensure that Concern Worldwide administrative, financial and resource management policies and regulation are understood, implemented and followed by all staff and partners working in the Coastal Climate Change Resilience programme.
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilisation of resource and project specific materials.
- Ensure regular monthly monitoring of project budget utilisation. Where variances between plans and actual expenditures arise, ensure justifications are provided and future planning is adjusted where required.
- Authorising expenditure according to authority delegation and Concern financial policy and procedures.
- Ensuring timely production of quality reports for donors and Senior Management on project outcomes.
- To ensure that a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system and framework is in place to critically analyze programme achievements. Support to conduct research and capture the project learnings following a systematic approach. Including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the project MEAL system is in place and activity review take place with a systematic way for visualizing the project progress.
- Analyse the project progress using the MEAL information, identify the constraints and initiate appropriate actions involving all partners, if necessary
- Preparing TOR for consultants to be hired nationally as well as internationally to carry out baseline survey, midterm review and final evaluation
- Work with the project team, Concern’s advocacy unit and partners to identify advocacy issues relevant to the project objectives and support Advocacy Expert for development of advocacy strategy.
- Working with the Advocacy Expert, implement an appropriate advocacy strategy for the project in consultation with project stakeholders.
- Work with partners to develop a collaborative relationship with two-way capacity building to deliver high quality support that would be a force to tackle poverty. Including, but not limited to:
- Communicating to the partner team a clear and exciting vision for the project and for the role of the team in delivering the vision for the communities.
- Supporting team members to enable them to give of their best e.g. by encouraging and praising good performance, coaching, assisting staff to prevent or resolve problems, providing resources, tools and equipment.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance and, in particular, holding staff accountable for meeting the success criteria and delivering any improvement goals which have been identified; giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- Develop and build strong external networks within Bangladesh:
- Building valuable relationships and networks with other key government agencies, academic, CSOs and NGO stakeholder working on climate change issues in the coastal context.
- To assist in designing new project proposals to ensure donor funds; Including, but not limited to:
- Contributing to development and implementation of the Country strategic plan, analysing needs, involving stakeholders, designing strategies, monitoring and evaluating implementation of plan.
- Work with the Head of programme to liaison with donors to understand their priorities, secure their support in advocacy and promote greater resource allocation using the project lessons.
- Liaison with government officials at local level and national level where appropriate.
- Represent the project at national government ministries and donors’ level with head of context where appropriate.
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organization, and at the country programme level. This is including, but not limited to:
- Orientating partner NGOs and other stakeholders on the CHS standards, and in particular the CRM
- Ensuring the CRM is implemented within the project(s) and is being followed up on by the partner NGO(s) and that there is systematic reporting to Concern.
- Learn from experience through monitoring and evaluation so as to continually improve the programme quality.
- The Programme Manager is responsible to Head of Programme – Coastal and Char. Assist in designing programme, preparing project proposals, timely Project Activity Implementation through effective team leadership, Resource Management, and Contribution to the programmes are the main areas of assessing performance.
- Emergency Response Deployment:
- As part of Concern’s emergency response, you may be called upon within 24 – 48 hours’ notice to serve the organization anywhere in Bangladesh, In the event of this occurring, you will be briefed on your role and responsibilities by the Programme Director and by the HR.
- Job Description:
- Master Degree in Environmental Science, Agriculture, Forestry, Marine Science, Natural Resources Management (NRM), Disaster Management, Geography, Development Studies or Social Science or related discipline.
- At least 8 year(s)
- At least eight years’ experience of DRR/ NRM / Climate Change / Watersheds, Resilience Building etc.
- Experience of project implementation in the remote areas like char, coastal and haor will be given preference.
- Excellent proven experience in delivering high quality multi sectorial livelihoods programmes with DRR, with knowledge on the latest innovations in NRM, cyclone preparedness and watershed management.
- Excellent knowledge of climate change sector in Bangladesh including innovative programmes, policy and advocacy.
- Solid experience of Programme Cycle Management, including the development and use of Theory of Change, logframes, MEAL, and CRM systems, with strong knowledge and practical experience of applying PRA/Participatory Approaches.
- Excellent experience
- Experience in CBO trainings and experience of developing training modules and extension materials such as leaflets and posters.
- Experience in the establishment and support of community led projects particularly DRR/ NRM / Watershed activities.
- Experience of work with District and Upazilla level govt. officials is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to prepare high quality reports and presentations for a range of key audience
- Ability to represent the project at various levels, including local, national and global.
- Ability to communicate independently with Donors or Senior Govt, Officials
- Sound knowledge on computer (MS word, spread sheet, power point)
- Monthly Gross BDT 125,261/-
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Bonus (02), Gratuity, Provident Fund (10% contributory), Insurance Coverage (Group life and hospitalization), OPD Allowance, Mobile and internet coverage
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 23:05:55 GMT