ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Communications Specialist – Publications and Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA)
Job description: Job Context
- The purpose of this position is, to support quality internal publications by gathering contents, editing, designing, as well as systematically providing content information/stories/ features/ news items of operations and program in WVB corporate communications platforms.
- In addition, the (HEA) Emergency Communications Specialist will coordinate World Vision Bangladesh`s (WVB`s) communications work in emergencies. Produce rapid information, compelling needs and impact-focused content for Partnership communications, GAM and accountability needs during slow or quick-onset disasters to position World Vision as a responsive and relevant humanitarian organization during emergencies.
- The Emergency Communications and Publication Officer has a strong understanding of World Vision`s work, policies, and approaches and uses this as the basis for WVB`s media and external communications work. This position is managed by World Vision Bangladesh, and is national office-based (in Bangladesh, with approximately 60 percent travel required.
- Act as a gatekeeper to manage content review and development of IEC/ BCC materials of AP/special/grant projects.
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for national communications connecting with regional offices, support offices and global center during humanitarian emergencies.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to provide operational, editorial, strategic and creative support to manage overall publication works.
- Proactively position World Vision as a leading disaster management agency in the Bangladesh.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of updates, alerts, and resources in anticipation and during disaster/emergencies and relief operation.
- Strengthen networking and collaboration with disaster platforms and networking forums.
- Assist the HEA Lead (Director and/or Manager) in close coordination with Communications Lead (Director and/or Manager) in initiating, managing, communicating and reporting on disaster management projects funded though WV Partner Office appeals and other private funding sources. This will also include all other related HEA interventions operate an implement under World Vision’s Private-non Sponsorship and Sponsorship Programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, English and Communication Education.
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Communication/ Public Relation/ Media * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Knowledge of communications in development work and humanitarian emergencies
- Strong English writing skills, competent in writing compelling stories, news report and press releases for fundraising, and strengthen advocacy efforts.
- Excellent use of technology including software (Microsoft Office Suite, Bangla typing)
- Strong interpersonal, networking and organizational skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Multimedia skills such as video editing, photo management, graphic design
- Experience with online promotion (Intranet site) development and media interest
- Media relations and receiving recorded or live TV/radio interviews
- Digital photography/videography (emphasis on photojournalistic compositions and video production process)
- MS Offices and Image applications (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Illustrator etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- 30% work travel is expected. Travel to field is expected monthly/ bi-monthly to collect communication resources as and when requested by Support Offices/ Partnership or to meet National Office needs.
- Understanding and experience in working with children and communities in Bangladesh.
- This role will work directly with ADPs, special projects and different sectors heads of WVB. Work will require visits in ADPs and special projects of WV Bangladesh.
- Diverse language group and some work areas have security issues.
Tk. 45000 – 50000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Benefits are applicable as per organizational structure and policy.
Expected salary: 45000 – 50000 per month
Job date: Mon, 03 May 2021 06:44:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!