এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Community Based Protection Officer
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Promote resiliency, and enhance the capacity, of Rohingya communities to identify and mitigate protection concerns through community-based protection mechanisms by establishing community protection groups and Community Action Plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Mobilize and build strong rapport with Rohingya communities through consistent engagement with Community Protection Groups and adhering to dignified, culturally sensitive approaches
- Support Community Protection Groups by facilitating meaningful group dialogue and mentoring participants to self-identify protection concerns that affect their communities
- Capacity build Community Protection Groups to prioritize protection concerns and explore coping mechanisms and practical mitigation strategies
- Work closely with Community Protection Groups, with ongoing feedback from Senior Protection Officer and Team leader, to facilitate the development and implementation of sound Community Action Plans (CAP)
- Collaborate with CBP Senior Protection Officer and Team Leader on community protection group capacity building methods by collaborating on the development of participatory tools, awareness raising sessions and training materials
- Include the participation of beneficiaries and communities, particularly those most vulnerable or at-risk, with attention to gender and diversity, in all stages of the Community Action Plan (CAP) project cycle
- Conduct in-depth Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews
- Prepare daily and weekly reports of activities to be compiled for donor reporting, process procurement requests
- Work closely with DRC protection teams (GBV, Child Protection and General Protection and Host Community units) and other DRC programs.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 2 Years of community engagement experience and where 12 months experience in Rohingya community.
- Experience working or volunteering directly with Rohingya populations (12 months or more).
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, and active listening capabilities with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to produce daily, weekly and monthly report.
- Previous research experience in Rohingya community (Data analysis, Protection issue prioritization, Vulnerability assessment)
- Preferably a university degree in social sciences, anthropology, sociology, human rights, law, international relations, psychology, or related fields.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 14th October 2020
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three (3) referees’ details of your present and past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 05:31:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!