এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Community Based Protection Team Leader
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Overall purpose of the role: The primary function of Protection Team Leader – CBP is to ensure quality implementation of community-based protection activities under direct guidance and supervision of Protection Manager, and in synergy with the overall DRC protection programme in Bangladesh. He/She is responsible to supervise a team of CBP officers to carry out activities across several locations in the host communities. Together with the Protection Manager, the selected candidate will also provide technical guidance and training for CBP officers.
The Protection Team Leader is responsible to develop/strengthen relationships with agencies, governance structures, and across DRC’s programme, at the field level, in close collaboration with the Protection Manager and the team. The PTL, is responsible for ensuring that the work of the team is compliant with donors and internal DRC reporting and accountability policy and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Mobilize and build strong rapport with host communities through consistent engagement with Community Protection Groups and adhering to dignified, culturally sensitive approaches.
- Support Community Protection Groups, with ongoing feedback from CBP Coordinator, to develop and implement Community Action Plans.
- Support Protection Manager to develop CBP capacity building participatory tools, awareness raising sessions and training materials for Ideas Box.
- Coordinate and manage the team of facilitators and volunteers in the Ideas Box.
- Mobilize partners to use the Ideas Box tools and resources (organize activities within the space or outreach activities.
- Handle relations with local authorities and other actors in the camp.
- Support the teams in leveraging the activity schedules and ensure consistency with other partners’ activities.
- Manage the project within the Ideas Box (strategic adaptation, project scheduling, capitalization) and ensure its coherence with overall project objectives.
- Report on the Ideas Box activities and collect facilitators’ feedbacks.
- Contribute to the Ideas Box community of practice.
- Hold weekly team meetings, prepare team’s weekly and monthly work-plans and prioritization of tasks and ensure that activities are carried out according to plan.
- Provide guidance and support to CBP team in carrying out their daily tasks.
- Support Protection Manager in developing the capacity of CBP team.
- Facilitate DRC Performance and Development system with CBP officers.
Documentation and reporting:
- Ensure proper documentation and secure storage of any protection data collected (hard and soft copies) including consent forms for any advocacy peruses.
- Ensure targets are met under the approved work plans/implementation plan and all trackers are regularly updated.
- Prepare all necessary financial and logistical documentation for the team’s work, in line with DRC procedures.
- Prepare regular monthly reporting on activities as instructed by the Protection Manager
Coordination and representation:
- Work closely with DRC protection teams (GBV, Child Protection and General Protection and Camp CBP units) and other DRC programs to ensure synergy across programmes and to mainstream protection across DRC’s interventions.
- Coordinate with DRC Advocacy and Communications Team on case studies and other visibility/advocacy resources as requested.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders at field level.
- Liaise closely with protection actors in the field and other humanitarian partners to ensure an understanding of the overall protective environment and effective collaboration amongst partners.
- Coordinate with Site Management and other service providers to facilitate referrals in accordance with the referral pathway and for advocacy purposes.
- Represent DRC in any relevant field based thematic meetings with stakeholders and otherwise as needed.
- Follow all DRC Procedures for Safety, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s Code of Conduct.
- Perform other relevant tasks as instructed by the supervisor.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCES
- 3 years’ working experience with vulnerable populations in refugee, host community or similar contexts.
- At least one year of experience in related protection work.
- Experience of working with non-governmental organization, UN, or local organization, preferably in a leadership role.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, and active listening capabilities, with diverse groups of people
- Good communication skills in Bangla and Chittagonian or Rohingya.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written English, including drafting reports in English.
- Willingness and ability to work in field environment, in all weather conditions.
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- University degree in in social sciences, anthropology, sociology, human rights, law, international relations, psychology, or related fields.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Chittagonian and Bangla (Intermediate to advanced)
- English (Intermediate)
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: G
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 30th November 2020
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three (3) referees’ details of your present and past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 07:29:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!