$25 – $30 an hour
Full Job Description
Sunvair, Inc. is an FAA 145 Repair Station specializing in landing gear and hydraulic component overhaul. Currently we are seeking talented individuals to perform conventional grinding of landing gear components using machinery such as;
- Gap Grinders
- O/D Grinders
- I/D Grinders
- Flat/Surface Grinders
- Set up and machine operations on high strength steel and aluminum parts.
- May run one or more machines on a regular basis.
- Each machinist is responsible for ensuring that machine work meets dimensional tolerances as noted on shop planning and that defects are removed within specified limits.
- To inspect parts visually and dimensionally, and perform clean-up operations as required such as deburr and breaking of edges
Knowledge and Skill Requirements;
- The ability to read, write and understand English
- Detail oriented
- Ability to read and understand OHM/ CMM’s, blueprints, shop travelers and sketches
- Ability to identify different plated surfaces such as chrome plate, nickel plate, cad plate and various thermal sprayed surfaces
- Must be able to perform measurements using inspection tools such as, but not limited too; micrometers, dial bore gages, telescope gages, height gages, and indicators
- General knowledge of set-up, loading and adjusting machines and equipment
- Practical experience with the procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools and equipment generally used in the work for which the repair station is rated.
- A signing bonus of $10,000.00 for candidates with experience in grinding of aerospace parts/components payable within 180 days of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- Machinist: 3 years (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location