এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Counselor – Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Services (MHPSS)
Job description: Job Context
- The Counselor – MPHSS will ensure day to day management, psychosocial support and related activities of the project, implementing by Light House in Cox`s Bazar which is supported by UNHCR. In particular, the counselor will shoulder the responsibilities for addressing mental health needs of SGBV survivors` and maintaining daily contact with the community level para-counsellors. Work and liaise closely with the DIC Managers, Field Monitors, Coordinator – Advocacy, Training & Outreach in documenting relevant activities as per the donor requirements.
- Develop strategies and tools for the effective MHPSS implementation and ensure those are applied in program context
- Ensure the program intervention assessment/study and help effective programming in Light House context.
- Provide technical assistance to review/ write the MHPSS component of proposal, protocols, papers, reports to ensure and appropriateness.
- Identifying and coordinating technical needs, and providing expertise in MHPSS
- CASE MANAGEMENT
- Provide comprehensive mental health and psychosocial counseling to SGBV survivors focused on the survivor centered case management approach.
- Provide assessment and counseling both at individual and group level as the situation demands.
- Ensure all work with SGBV survivors is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
- Document client data accurately in the intake forms and ensure they are under lock and key.
- Ensure that the GBV records is accurately updated on a regular basis.
- Participate in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and work with Team Leader to disseminate information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the case management monitoring tools and systems and ensure that all staffs that are required to utilize it are trained on the correct way of handling the systems.
- Participate in the preparation of accurate reports for all Psycho-social related activities
- COORDINATION AND NETWORKING
- Maintain and strengthen existing networks through other service providers at the camp level, to ensure that survivors receive quality services and support both at the agency levels.
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings such as the Case Conferences and SGBV inter-agency meetings.
- Identify new networks to work with to ensure wholesome support to the clients.
- Work in close collaboration with the DIC Manager, Coordinator – Advocacy, Training & Outreach to ensure ongoing needs of women and girls from the host community and refugees who are being met in the prevention related activities.
- Strengthen existing referral systems and networks of mental health and psychosocial service providers
- In collaboration with other partners, design psychosocial interventions within the refugee and host community focusing on the psychosocial and mental needs of women and adolescent.
- Assist in development of referral networks between partners implementing GBV and implementation of referral pathways.
- Participate in conducting trainings for partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between Light House, UNHCR and other partner agencies.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND OUTREACH
- Conduct sensitization, dialogue and mediation sessions with the wider population about issues of trauma and SGBV.
- Facilitate formation of support groups for survivors of SGBV and other vulnerable groups.
- Identify and strengthen Community structures through engaging community leaders, camp management and other stakeholders to ensure that the survivors receive adequate support at the community level.
- Support the GBV officer and GBV assistants, in dissemination of relevant information during the Community SGBV prevention forums and meetings.
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Assist in preparing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, progress notes, and treatment plans on time
- Use appropriate data collection tools and submit assessments and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Work closely with the refugee staff to ensure quality reporting
- Assist in the designing, planning, implementing and facilitating of external trainings for numerous target groups
- Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Psychology
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
NGO/ Other Services
- Age at most 45 years
- Only females are allowed to apply
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- Candidates have to the level of speaking & understanding the local language.
- Education:Advanced University degree in Psychology, Social Work or other Social Science. Academic qualification may be relaxed for the candidate who is highly experienced in the desired arena.
- Prior Work Experience:Minimum 3-5 years of progressively responsible job-related professional-level experience in the area of MHPSS.Practical experience with CSOs, government and development partners at local, district or national level. Working experience in the arena of MPHSS is highly desired. The position also require experience in coordination, collaboration and community engagement.
- Post Entry Training:Familiarization training in Light House including UNHCR supported MPHSS specific procedures, reporting requirements, and systems, and orientation working from a donor agency and Light House perspective, will be provided. Training to maintain professional capability in the field as appropriate; and, courses, seminars, conferences, and other activities in fields related to the function and needed to maintain and update professional qualifications as they become available, subject to availability of funds.
- Language Proficiency: Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English at a professional level. But good speaking skills in the language of Mymanmar or Cox’s Bazar/Chittagong region is highly desired.
- Job Knowledge:The Counselor must have a good knowledge of MHPSS issues. In addition, the quick learning ability and proactiveness are desired for this position. The Counselor must have knowledge and understanding of the organization and roles of the different levels in order to maintain effective communication and coordination.
- Skills and Abilities:The Counselor should have demonstrated the ability to assume counseling, case management, coordination and collaboration roles. The Counselor must be resourceful, have good judgment, and have the ability to work diplomatically with persons from many backgrounds. The work requires a user-level ability to work with computers and common software programs. Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet tight deadlines is required. Must be able to communicate clearly with a wide range of partners.
- POSITION ELEMENTS
- Supervision Received:The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Coordinator – Advocacy, Training & Outreach, Light House. Daily supervision is minimal and routine work should be performed independently with little instruction. Employee should be able to identify and solve problems as they arise. The supervisor makes assignments in terms of overall objectives and resources available. Completed work is reviewed in terms of achievement of, and effectiveness in meeting, objectives. The Counselor is expected work in a collegial manner, and to exercise considerable autonomy and judgment in discharging the duties of the assignment.
- Available Guidelines:Agency correspondence, manuals/SoPs, annual plans, Light House policy policies/guidelines and supervisor’s instructions. Guidelines are often general in nature and not specific to the situation at hand, requiring considerable interpretation.
- Nature, Level, and Purpose of Contacts:Contacts are maintained in person, by phone, and by written communication with consortium staffs. Contacts will include routine administrative functions, as well as important issues regarding activity implementation, and the negotiation of corrective measures if needed. Contacts are typically to explain and coordinate project activities and objectives, secure cooperation, resolve problems, obtain or furnish information, and/or to persuade Team Leader staff and counterparts to take recommended actions and to accept recommendations.
Cox’s Bazar (Cox’s Bazar Sadar)
Tk. 54870 (Monthly)
Expected salary: 54870 per month
Location: Cox’s Bazar Sadar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 07:43:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!