এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Country Finance Coordinator
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Finance Coordinator (FC) will be a senior member of the Country Finance team and reporting overall to the Head of Support Services with technical supervision by Finance Manager. The Finance Coordinator is entrusted with the overall responsibility on financial and accounting compliance matters to DRC’s Operations Handbook, Dynamics system and Ensure compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook and to Bangladesh legislation. Keep abreast of the local tax laws/requirements and ensure DRC follows same. He is responsible to give management advise on overall compliance in financial management, monitor internal controls and give guidance to strengthen them and ensure identified training needs are addressed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with financial management guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook, country office financial guidelines and donor requirements.
- Keep abreast of the local tax laws/requirements and ensure DRC follows same
- Ensure compliance with Govt of Bangladesh regulations and obligations including taxes, social security.
- Maintain proper Tax /VAT/Income tax calculations and make deposits to revenue department with correct submission of VAT/TAX chalan voucher.
- Ensure the preparation of legal and tax documents for submission to government department.
- Report to the HOSS and Finance Manager in terms of any major non-compliance issues related with VAT & Tax before charging the expenditure.
- Develop check lists and orient finance staff so that they can identify non-compliance of VAT & Tax and their roles and responsibilities.
- Support the finance team and act as the focal point providing necessary financial data for all the process of obtaining/revising FD-6 or FD-7 and other associated project financial formalities for the NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Overall Responsible & supervision for preparation of all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and Headquarters
- Facilitate Donor/Govt. External Audit team (annually) as well as Donor’s own monitoring team on regular basis. Hence, needs to provide various types of financial information/data and documents to the team.
- Support the finance team, and act as the focal point for auditors to receive communication and provide necessary information.
- Participate in final audit meetings and discussions on audit report and management letters.
- Ensure final audit report is received, and distributed to all concerned managers, regional office, and HQ.
- Capacity building of finance and non-finance staff to improve financial management and compliance.
- Support Finance Manager in terms of timely delivery of accurate and quality financial reports including institutional donor reports where required for all projects implemented in the country, in the required formats and the internal reports to HQ.
- Support the Finance Manager and HoSS in preparing annual master budget for the Country, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
- Support collaboration between finance and program teams for joint review of project/program reports, planning, and analysis.
- Oversee the project-end procedures including the coordination with HQ.
- Actively lead in the roll out of new Dynamics process and pilot projects in month end Dynamics and accounting management to ensure losses relating to accounting are reduced.
- Promote general awareness on internal controls.
- Monitor use of internal controls and provide guidance to strengthen them.
- Identify risks and develop/ improve internal control systems to reduce the associated risks.
- Ensure proper localization of policies as per the DRC Dynamics system and Bangladesh local regulations are developed and implemented.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor(s) to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Support Finance Manager in financial management as and when required.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial management position.
- At least 2 years’ experience with people management.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, IOM and BPRM guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Documented compliance of working with UN donors, among others.
- Experience working with ERP system. Internal candidates working with DRC Dynamics will be an added advantage.
- University degrees (Bachelors or Masters)
- Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA will have advantage.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: International
- Employment Band: F
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application:
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 02:17:15 GMT