এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Country Financial Controller
Job description: Job Context
- Type of Contract: Fixed term Five (5) years National Contract for Bangladeshi Nationals
- Duty Station: Head Office, Dhaka.
- Job Purpose: S/He will be responsible for managing all aspects of the finance function of the Concern Worldwide, Bangladesh programme to achieve our objectives in line with Concern Worldwide policies, procedures and standards. S/He is a member of the Country Management Team and will actively engage and provide leadership in the development and management of all programmes in accordance with organizational policies and the Country Strategic Plan. S/he will work closely with all Concern staff tax authorities, NGO/AB, auditors, partners & donor finance staff.
- Job Description:
- Financial Systems and Controls:
- Ensure that country financial management systems and records are adequate in order to identify and protect the assets and interest of the organization.
- Ensure that the systems and procedures in place enhance, as far as possible, the efficiency and effectiveness of the manner in which assets are utilized.
- Maintaining and monitoring an effective and efficient system of internal controls (i.e. ledger, cashbooks, balance sheet reconciliations, cash and bank management etc.) which comply with Concern World wide’s financial guidelines and minimise the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
- Ensuring financial systems of the country programme are operating in line with standard Concern procedures and they meet the monitoring and reporting requirements of the Country Management Team, Donors and National Authorities
- Ensure that the country financial operations comply with legal and statutory requirements e.g. audit and financial reporting to all relevant national authorities.
- With the support of the finance team, keep up to date with donor regulations and ensure that all controls are in place to meet donor compliance.
- Support the SD in ensuring there is a complete record of capital assets and that they are adequately safeguarded
- Organising and supporting financial assessments, reviews, monitoring and training of local partner organisations;
- Undertaking regular field visits to assess the financial systems in place & implement improvements wherever needed
- Closely monitor all financial activities, and keep the CD/Country Management Team advised of all situations that have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management performance.
- Accepting, advancing and pursuing any new objectives or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Country Director including transfer of existing duties and/or re-assignment to other responsibilities should the organisation so require
- Ensure that the global accounting package (Microsoft Great Plains) is maintained in a proper manner, and utilized in an appropriate and effective manner
- Undertaking financial assessments & evaluation of partners, in line with Concern’s standard financial procedures
- Participating in the review, monitoring and capacity building of partners
- Financial Reporting and Donor Reporting:
- Assist the CD and budget-holders in preparing budgets and revisions in line with strategic plans and organisational objectives. This involves supporting, facilitating and consolidating the financial budgets.
- Ensure proper recording of income and expenditure to comply with Concern and donor regulations.
- Producing monthly management accounts (budget vs. actual) and working with the programme teams and department managers to understand their expenditure reports (management accounts) and budgets
- Overseeing the accurate preparation of financial reports and ensuring both organisational and donor requirements are met within agreed timeframes
- Overseeing the process of for new project/programme budgets and reviews
- Maintaining a donor financial management system in order to optimize funding and to ensure efficient and accurate reporting to donors, including donor compliance
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial reports for Concern’s Head Office (Financial Reporting Pack (i.e. FRP)
- Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Providing leadership and direction for the in-country Finance Team
- Develop a second layer of staff who can fill the gap whenever any position is vacant in the finance team
- Undertake specific training, capacity building and other relevant initiatives to ensure national staff perform their roles and responsibilities with accuracy and professionalism and also create the space for national staff to develop into credible candidates to fill vacant positions in the finance team and to provide strong cover for leave.
- Providing training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding Concern’s financial procedures and internal controls
- Undertake financial training of budget-holders, to assist them in enforcing financial controls and making decisions based on financial reports.
- Ensuring Concern’s values and policy commitments, including accountability and equality, are reflected in the work of the Finance Team/Department;
- Donor Management:
- Ensure that necessary donor reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure that donor reports tie back to the general ledger from GP and donor original budgets
- Ensure staff positions are mapped to donor funding, ensuring that gaps are identified and included in future donor proposals, with decisions made on eliminating positions if there isn’t sufficient funding for the role in consultation with CMT
- Ensure all relevant donor guidelines, policies, proposals, periodic reports and other communications are readily available, categorized by grant, and documented in soft and hard copy filing
- Country Management Team (CMT):
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Country’s Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025
- Contribute to the development of the country’s strategic direction and to the overall leadership of the country programme
- Other Duties:
- Facilitate internal, external and donor audits and associated reviews of field systems
- Ensure that all statutory deductions & taxes in respect of national staff are complied with & to liaise with relevant authorities in this respect.
- Ensure the VAT and tax compliance and submit the report to authority in time
- Review and established an effective monitoring system for the donations in Kind (DIK) so that all items received from donor as DIK and distribute to beneficiaries are recording properly and a reconciliation procedures need to develop to pass the audit trail.
- Ensure proper financial management for the Rohingya Response operation and other field
- Ensure proper financial management for the EHD Consortium
- NGOAB Financial Management and other government compliance:
- Review and approve the FD-6 and FD-7 budget in consultation with the field team and grants team
- Ensure all FD-6 and FD-7 and communication with NGOAB in respective file
- Provide audit support for each project of FD-6 and FD-7 to complete the report timely
- Review and Finalize the FD-4 report with auditor in time to avoid any further delays of NGOAB fund clearance
- Review the NGOAB fund analysis for each FD-6 and FD-7 and give advance information to CD.
- Review the analysis for international staff related to NGOAB compliance
- Keep liaison with the Government Compliance Advisor and other Directors to ensure the NGOAB Compliance
- Review the FD-6/7 from the donor budget and mapping the NGOAB budget with Donor Budget.
- Ensuring the timely release of the fund as per approval of NGOAB and communicate with the respective person to get the fund clearance letter and project approval of NGOAB. Also finalize the NGOAB required explanation and statement.
- Ensure all legal compliance for the provident fund and gratuity fund and financial reporting authority in Bangladesh
- Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Safeguarding Policies
- Ensure adherence to the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Safeguarding Policies
- Ensure finance staff understanding and adhere to the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Safeguarding Policies
- Ensure the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) are understood by finance staff
- Ensure the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever acquired in the course of duty, relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide, to any other person or Organization without authority, except in normal execution of the above duties
- Ensure strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorised personnel only
- Qualified Professional Accountants (e.g. CA/CMA/ACCA)
- At least 3 year(s)
- 3 years post qualification experience in Concern or a similar organization preferably as international staff.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience of which at least 05 years in a senior management position within an international development organization/INGO in a similar role.
- Experience in developing staff capacity both on technical and management aspects
- Experience managing large and multi donor (especially USAID, ECHO, DFID, etc.) programme budgets
- Must be fully fluent in English
- Experience to manage partners and consortium
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Bonus (02), Gratuity, Provident Fund (10% contributory), Insurance Coverage (Group life and hospitalization), OPD Allowance, Mobile and internet coverage
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:19:20 GMT