এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY, W-GDP WOMEN THRIVE IN BANGLADESH PROJECT
Job description: CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organisations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 104 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949 being one of the largest country offices of CARE. CARE works to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. CARE put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE Bangladesh is currently shifting towards a program approach, where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Partnership for an anticipated 5-year USAID project entitled W-GDP Women Thrive in Bangladesh Activity. The project will aim to economically empower women by creating decent work and ensuring a life of dignity. It aims to enhance skills and leadership of women in RMG and informal sector in peri-urban areas, build resilience of women workers and their communities to recover from Covid-19 related impact and increase responsiveness of institutions. The project will be implemented in Dhaka, Gazipur, Ashulia, Savar and Chittagong. The performance period for the award is slated to begin in or around July 2021. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Deputy Chief of Party will have the responsibility to support management of the project. S/he is responsible for ensure that the project staff meets highest program quality standards and compliance. S/he is responsible for supporting timely reporting and monitoring of field based activities. S/he will assume responsibility for oversight of program activities, management and capacity-building of key staff, while monitoring technical soundness and reporting.
Responsibility # 1: Provide management oversight to the project
- Support in managing field operations of the project.
- Support the Chief of Party/Project Director in ensuring achievement of strategic program objectives and intermediate results in collaboration with consortium partners.
- Ensure the project achieves its output as identified as per the work plan.
- Develop, track and adapt project work-plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Support in financial management as per USAID and CARE policies.
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule and within the approved.
- Ensure budget utilization is on track and revisions are made as per the need.
- Ensure that CARE’s PSHEA and Safety & security policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, ensuring that the potential of the program is fully realized through the promotion of high-quality work.
- Ensure that the project deliveries are achieved on time.
Responsibility # 2: Ensure team building and performance management support to the project team
- Provide regular supervision, coaching and mentoring support to direct supervisees.
- Enable staff development in line with team and individual development plans.
- Contribute to develop a positive learning culture and foster adaptive capacity of the project staff.
- Ensure performance management plans for direct supervisees are implemented.
- Identify problems and risks associated with the timely implementation of activities and suggest appropriate adjustments to activities.
Responsibility # 3: Ensure program quality, knowledge management and evidence based advocacy
- Ensure that approaches/methodologies are implemented and appropriate guidance are provided to technical staff.
- Ensure implementation of MEL framework.
- Identify and address technical support needs of the project, working collaboratively with CARE Bangladesh teams and Care International counterparts.
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation by ensuring staff are aware of all policies and systems, field visits and feedback to partner and project staff.
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
- Assist the COP in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions.
- Contribute to donor reporting, as required.
Responsibility # 4 Adhere to and support CARE Bangladesh’s Safety and Security policy and systems
- As part of this role, the job holder will be expected to adhere to and support CARE Bangladesh’s Safety and Security policy and systems as part of their day to day duties, and comply, at all times, to safety & security protocols and directives, including reporting. Staff must maintain situational and self – awareness and be aware of the safety – security related consequences of their actions upon themselves, their team and the organization as a whole.
Responsibility # 5 Safeguarding
- CARE is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and expects staff to promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at all times. CARE expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate this commitment are recruited to work with us.
This is a Dhaka based position with significant travel (up to 40%) with frequent field visits
- 8-10 years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing donor-funded either on economic empowerment or youth empowerment.
- A Master’s in Social Science/Economics/Business Administration.
- Proven leadership skills building and managing cooperative, high-level relationships and motivating diverse teams.
- Experience in leadership and skills development work
- Extensive experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing development projects and activities, particularly related to workforce empowerment, women’s economic empowerment or workers skills development. Experience in RMG sector preferred
- Demonstrated experience adapting project implementation and activities to achieve objectives and targets as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across projects, be flexible, and creative and successfully lead an intercultural team in development and post-conflict contexts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bangla.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Knowledge on Bangladesh labour policy and laws.
- Fluency in English and Bangla is required
- Computer proficiency in MS words, MS-Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint.
- Financial and project management skills.
- Facilitation Skills.
- Problem solving.
- Creative thinking and innovation.
- Networking for advocacy and coalition building with GoB and NGO counterparts.
- Ensure and Promote GEDI and be GEDI sensitive, creating an enabling environment where diversity can flourish and all staff and stakeholders experience inclusion and appreciation.
Job date: Fri, 07 May 2021 22:14:54 GMT