এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Deputy Chief of Party
Job description: Overview
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID-funded Bangladeshi Youth Activity (BYA). The DCOP is responsible for the seamless management of all operational aspects of project implementation including communications, finances, office administration, human resources, security, procurement, local subcontractors, and grants in compliance with Creative and U.S. Government (USG) policies and procedures. In the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will serve as the COP.
The purpose of USAID’s Bangladeshi Youth Activity (BYA) is to bolster youth’s income; increase resilience to violent extremism/ and anti-democratic values; and to provide youth the skills and abilities to advocate for good governance and to improve Bangladesh’s self-reliance. BYA will build skills and empower in- and out-of-school youth to increase their employability, civic engagement and contribution to the economic growth of Bangladesh.
Reporting and Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in the management of program operations, communications, and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the grants team, procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
Seamless management of all operational aspects of project implementation including finances, office administration, communications, human resources, security, procurement, local subcontractors, and grants (if required) in compliance with Creative and USG policies and procedures.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical oversight to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of target country and regions;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison for communications to various USG agencies, subcontractors and other partners;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, trains, and mentors key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
At least a master’s degree in business, economics, development or other relevant field (or, alternately, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five (5) additional years of relevant experience);
At least 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
Prior relevant experience with USAID or USAID-funded projects is required; * At least five (5) years of experience in senior operations and/or finance role on large scale projects ($25mln in value or more), including a significant grants component;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Prior experience in Bangladesh highly preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical expertise in Positive Youth Development (PYD), civic engagement, youth engagement, gender and inclusion, youth livelihoods development, preventing/countering violent extremism, and/or workforce development.
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 22:13:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!