এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Deputy Executive Director (DED)
Job description: Job Context
- Organizational Summary: Christian Commission for Development in Bangladesh (CCDB) is a national NGO, working since 1973 for improving life and livelihood of poor and marginalized people in Bangladesh. Currently CCDB has been working in 26 districts with over 10,000,00 direct participants in different programs. Major interventions of CCDB include poverty reduction, food security & livelihood, woman empowerment, climate change resilience building adaptation and mitigation, peace promotion, emergency / humanitarian programs, resettlement, carbon enterprise, biochar, micro finance program etc. In addition, CCDB is also involved with different advocacy initiative through different partners at national/international level.
- CCDB envisions a just and caring society, where poor people live in peace, with dignity, and harmonious relationship with all God`s creations. The mission of CCDB is mandated to work on the basis of ecumenical principles, to create a society where the poor, marginalized and vulnerable people can claim and enjoy their rights and seek justice for a sustainable livelihood. The organization`s values include: (a) Tolerance and mutual respect; (b) Equity and justice; (c) Transparency and accountability (d) Resource efficiency and cost effectiveness; (e) Participation and inclusiveness; and (f) Environmental friendly.
- Job Summary: The Deputy Executive Director (DED) will ensure core organizational processes are viable and responsive to organization`s mission and program priorities in guidance of ED, will provide leadership and management support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) and their Team Members, for achieving project/program`s goal and objectives of the organization. This position will assist in human resource management; monitor and review on Program Development Quality (PDQ) in line with Budget/financial and material resources; assist ED in ensuring good governance, accountabilities, and transparencies of all resources; coordinate to prepare of different guidelines and program implementation strategy papers and training materials, for capacity building; network, advocate, and lobby with national and international organizations.
- 1. Assist ED the in following organization strategies:
- Internalizing organization’s goal and objectives mission/vision themes and linking these with different project goals and objectives and logical framework as a whole.
- Ensuring all programs and project develops an implementation guideline and strategy papers considering front line staff.
- Assist ED for ensuring all staff members are oriented on total implementation strategy for enhancing better output as expected, anticipated, and committed in the project/program proposals.
- 2. Program Operation and Support:
- The DED and Program Support will work closely with the Executive Director to develop an effective, efficient and results driven operations team for program operation.
- Providing guidelines on Program Development Quality (PDQ) to the different staff teams engaged in preparing for Project/ Program Proposals with a comprehensive implementation plan and budget with responsibilities.
- Ensuring the segregations of plans and budgets among different Area/ Upazila/ Project Offices with mentions number and timeline are done for better understanding of the field level staff members.
- Ensuring all staff team members are oriented on program/project goal and objectives, plans and budgets, their role and responsibilities and how to way forward.
- Ensuring with Head Programs that all Area Managers/ Project Coordinators/ Project Managers to prepares detailed implementation plans and budgets for their assigned area.
- Attend progress review meeting at Area Offices/HQ to guide and encourage project staff teams.
- 3. Administration, Emergency Humanitarian Program:
- Supervise Admin Coordinator to oversee the various activities done by Admin Section including safety/security of Staff member and property, assets in consultation with ED.
- Coordinate with concern Staff and provide facilitation for ensuring all procurement of goods and services according to the organizational policy (assisted by Head of Finance and Admin. and Procurement Committee, Internal Audit Section).
- Supervise and lead CCDB Emergency Program Supervise Sr. Program Officer-DPU/Coordinator Emergency Rohingya Response.
- Assist ED for negotiating Donor, Partners for initiating emergency and humanitarian program along with Staff at DPU at present
- 4. HR and IT:
- Ensuring Job Descriptions are prepared based on the Program/Project Proposals, to ensure the right selections of staff.
- Ensuring that qualifies staff is selected through a process of written and oral tests, taken by competent interview board
- Reviewing the selection process and recommended applicants and signing job contracts, placements and job descriptions and adequate orientations on organization and the assigned projects.
- Ensuring that the ‘Annual Staff Performances Appraisal’ are completed at the end of the financial year and job contracts are renewed and salaries are reviewed according to the admissible allocations in the programs/projects.
- Lead IT issues in coordination with different stakeholders and supervise IT Manager in consultation with ED.
- 5. Resettlement Program:
- Assist ED to approve Incomes of Resettlement Projects.
- Supervise Sr. Team Leader/Team /Deputy Team leaders of Resettlement Programs to operation and management, aspects and negotiation with GoB/bilateral donors with CCDB’s interest and reputation.
- Any other assignment given by ED/Chairman, Commission
- 6. Coordinate and assist ED for ensuring good governance, accountabilities:
- Ensuring all program/project transactions are Internally Audited at least two times a year and management and finding reports are sent to the respective Area Managers/ Program Coordinators/ Project Managers for taking any corrective measures if needed.
- Ensuring that all Programs/ Project are Externally Audited by Certified Chartered Accounting Firms approved by the NGO Affairs Bureau and Selected by the CCDB Society Member during Annual General Meetings.
- 7. Organizational values, faith management and Ecumenism:
- CCDB as Christian faith-based organization, DED will assist ED to uphold organizational faith, mission, vision in guidance of ED/CCDB Commission in light of constitution.
- Ensure assisting ED on ‘holistic approach’ in good governance of the organization by equal treatment based on ‘Ecumenism.
- Work at office
- Minimum Master’s degree in Social Science/ Economics/ Environmental Science/ Communication/ Public Relation/ Development
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age 45 to 55 years
- Proven career track record at least 10 years’ experience in program support and operations in large international/national NGO with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at the senior leadership position.
- Strong ability in oral and written proficiency both in Bangla and English.
- Experience with computer software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-disciplined with ability to work proactively, using own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote line management relationship, sharing information and seeking guidance where appropriate
- Willingness to travel and lodge in basic conditions
- Demonstrates sensitivity and skills in cross cultural statement.
- Commitment to CCDB’s values and conviction statement.
- Strong commitment to gender sensitivity
- CCDB will offer a competitive salary and other benefits as per policy of organization.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 1
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Thu, 27 May 2021 06:50:38 GMT