এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Deputy Manager, Social Inclusion (Retail Project); Skills Development Programme
Job description: BRAC`s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Position : Deputy Manager, Social Inclusion (Retail Project); Skills Development Programme
No. of Vacancies: 01
- Ensure that the most vulnerable and marginalised populations are represented across all project components of SDP, as direct and indirect beneficiaries and/or staff members. This can include (but are not limited to) indigenous persons; transgender people; and persons with disabilities.
- Organise and facilitate interactive training and refresher orientation sessions on Social Inclusion for project staff at all levels.
- Lead post-training follow up field visits to assess the level of sensitisation of staff and share findings with respective teams.
- Conduct frequent field visits to assess the effectiveness of an inclusive approach and document and share the findings accordingly.
- Support field operations team in organising and facilitating community level workshops periodically; and document the process and mentor project staff on socially inclusive initiatives.
- Drive knowledge management initiatives related to Social Inclusion, such as capturing best practices, documenting lessons learnt and organising knowledge sharing meetings and events.
- Develop and support in designing and printing Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials related to gender, disability and other components of social inclusion.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme?s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Master?s/Bachelor?s in Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, International Development or any related subject from any recognised university with minimum 2nd division/class or equivalent GPA/CGPA in all academic examinations.
- Minimum 02 years of experience is required. Candidates having practical experience in the area of behavioral change communications, content creation, and content development both in English and Bangla, gender integration, social and disability inclusion will be given preference.
- In-depth knowledge on gender, social inclusion and diversity issues and sound conceptual knowledge on major elements associated with development/NGO management.
- Past experience of working on projects that involved a significant focus on gender mainstreaming and social inclusion.
- Experience in building capacity of local stakeholders on gender and social inclusion issues.
- Understanding on key development issues in the context of urban and rural Bangladesh and how social media and interactive communication platforms fit into Behavioural Change Communication and drive the Social Inclusion training and campaign modules and interventions.
- Excellent team player and proactive in building relationships and ability to comply with confidentiality expectations specific to sensitive matters or situations as they arise.
- Excellent content generating and editing skills and proficient in operating Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel) and other relevant applications for the role.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication and presentation skills both in English and Bangla.
- Festival Bonus, Health and Life Insurance and others.
Job Location: Dhaka
Published On: 25 Sep, 2020 Salary: Negotiable
Source: Online Jobs
Application Deadline: 01 Oct, 2020
Or You may apply through careers.brac.net or send your updated CV to mentioning the name of the position in subject line.
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 07:30:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!