এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Director, Programme and Asia Region
Job description: Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, agriculture, youth empowerment, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In February 2020, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fifth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Director, Programme and Asia Region
The Director, Programme and Asia Region, has two key roles, one is taking the overall responsibility and leadership for development of BRAC International’s core programme and quality implementation globally; and also have a direct oversight on the country programmes and management in the Asia Region. This includes providing strategic and programmatic directions to programme associate directors globally and country directors of BI countries in Asia (Afghanistan, Myanmar and Philippines)
The Position will report to the Executive Director of BRAC International and advice BI senior management on programmatic issues at strategic level. The Position will lead BRAC International technical teams to ensure appropriate technical support required for programme implementation in BI countries, s/he will also lead the Asia regional team to ensure proper management and operations in the BI countries in Asia. The position holder will liaise regularly with the Africa Regional Director, The Country Directors and Directors of respective departments of BRAC International. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following –
Key responsibilities of BI Programmes:
- Develop and spearhead the overall strategy and direction for BI development programmes, short and long terms in consultation with programme associate directors, country directors and Africa regional director and key stakeholders to ensure alignment and achievement of BRAC International’s (BI) overall goals. Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among programme areas and quality control in order to achieve operational success for programme delivery and sustainability.
- Oversee the compliance and management of multiple programmes and collaborate closely with all the Programme Associate Directors or relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth programme operations. Understand the needs and oversee programme implementation to ensure programmes’ objectives are met and in line with donors’ expectations. Establish technical leadership in enhancing the quality of field programme implementation, in alignment with BI Programme Implementation SOP. Proactively engage with Associate Directors and Professional Capacity Building support to programme in multicultural settings to ensure ongoing solutions and support is maintained.
- Lead the development, expansion and scaling up of BI’s capacity building of the Technical Team of BI programmes, on practical approaches to “lead by influencing” the management team. Instill a sense of accountability among team member and work closely with them to develop high standard performance goals and ensure consistent and quality performance through supportive supervision and timely feedback.
- Keep abreast with the emerging needs and requirements social development sector as well as donors’ preference in order to ensure the projects initiated are meeting donor’s expectations as well as social obligations. Review, align and approve all plans and activities as well as monitor KPIs for all programmes to ensure relevancy to the mission and vision of BI.
- Provide periodic reports and updates on the programme progress and achievement to relevant committees/groups for informed decision making or action item. Review and enforce the implementation of the relevant procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth process work flow and that the operations adhere to the standards and requirements.
- Develop, monitor and control financial budget and cost to ensure effective and efficient management and utilization of the approved budget.
- Develop and facilitate digitally enabled front-line Programme Delivery, nurture field supervision of front-line providers, advocate “Real-Time Data-based Programme Implementation management”, as well enhance the Programme Monitoring, Learning, and Impact Measurement function of BI through high-level guidance to senior teams of Associate Directors and Country Office Teams.
- Proactively engage and support fundraising and in establishing donor satisfaction by ensuring compliance with “Programme Standards” that the key donors of BI expect as well as ensuring quality, timely and complete grants management support, including accurate Programme Reporting.
Key responsibilities of Asia Region:
- Lead and guide the management of country level strategic planning and successful implementation of country operations in order to achieving BRAC’s vision, mission and values. Strategically position BI for new opportunities in the region and prioritize as well as oversee the preparation of concept papers and proposals.
- Manage Country Directors/Representative, coach and develop their leadership and management capacity and capability as well as guide them to ensure effective senior management team structures, systems and SOPs in each country. Provide guidance and facilitate networking opportunity for Country Directors and Representatives in building in-country partnerships, government and donor relationships, fundraising and advocacy activities.
- Explore, evaluate and present innovative funding opportunities that support the objectives of the region as a whole. Proactively engage with donors to shape and influence their strategies and funding priorities for areas that BI deems critical for transformational change in the region.
- Develop, review, monitor and control regional financial budget and cost to ensure effective and efficient management and utilization of the approved budget.
- Represent BI for key regional conferences, act as Board member for BI as well as the governing Board member for the Microfinance entity.
- Contribute to establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the organization and programmes by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do the same.
PhD/Master’s degree in Development Management/ International Development/ International Relations/ Economics/ any relevant discipline.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
Understanding of international social, political and economic issues and regional particularities.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with quantitative and qualitative information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to distil complex information into concise and pragmatic messages
- Talent for writing high-quality professional correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in Teams.
- Result oriented and high in learning agility
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate, coordinate, and network, both internally and externally to influence decisions in favour of BI directions
- Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well in person
- Good communication skills (spoken, reading and written English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suites
- Good understanding of ethics, integrity, diversity, gender equality and safeguarding
Self-driven, flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure
- 20+ years’ experience in a senior technical or management position preferably in an NGO/INGO, managing complex programmes, including programme planning and administration, evaluation, proposal writing and fundraising, managing budgets and accounts, staff supervision and training.
- Experience in more than one country is preferable
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders and multicultural staff and work team supervision and development
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy work and knowledge of at least one sector BRAC works in
Employment type: Contractual; initially two years contract with possibility of extension.
Job Location: Dhaka Office, BRAC International
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:43:07 GMT