রাজশাহীর চাকরির খবর
Job title: Divisional Administrator
Job description: The Divisional Administrator (Rajshahi) Aquaculture will provide technical leadership and supports private sector business development and entrepreneurship on sustainable aquaculture at the field in Rajshahi and Rangpur respectively. Within Bangladesh, focused on increasing pond productivity, smallholder income, diversifying diets- particularly on affordable fish and fish products for poorer households and empowering women while ensuring the following: * The incumbent will achieve its results around inclusive aquaculture sector investments and growth through a market systems approach by identifying, designing and implementing aquaculture improvements via private sector engaging interventions
- The incumbent will also achieve effective collaboration with multiple partners in Bangladesh to contribute to sustainable improvement, investment and inclusive growth of aquaculture in the country
Following guidance from WorldFish, the incumbent will work closely with selected farmer groups, with private sector groups, Local Service Providers (LSPs) – actors involved in hatcheries, nurseries and trading of seed and feed production and delivery, SMEs, and larger commercial businesses companies/farms in collaboration with the Government (DoF, BFRI, Universities) of Rangpur and Rajshahi Divisions in Bangladesh. S/he is responsible to work towards achieving:
Result #1: Increased productivity and diversity of fish production systems of the project and to engage with team members and partners to support
Result #2 Increase stakeholder access to quality input and services
Result #3 Improved market linkages
Result #4 improved dietary diversity and consumption
Result #5 Women’s empowerment
- Support assessments of the productivity, social and economic performance of existing aquaculture systems across the agro-ecologies of Rajshahi Divisions.
- Work with the project team to support linkages to private sector particularly feed dealers, hatcheries and a range of LSPs.
- Support the project team as it establishes profitable aquaculture systems that improve productivity, nutrition for the poor, women’s empowerment and smallholder income through identification of interventions for improvements in aquaculture.
- Work with project team to develop “Standard Operational Packages of Practices (BMPs/SOPs) for commercial and small-scale appropriate aquaculture for small homestead ponds. This will include systems that encourage production of commercially viable systems that produce fish appropriate for lower income to include commercial polyculture, fingerlings for use by private sectors actors (LSPS, SMEs and large commercial business) working in Rajshahi Divisions.
- With the market assessment team develop business plans and strategies for scaling of aquaculture improvements via private sector businesses and networks.
- With others in the project team develop training materials appropriate for a range of LSPs and/or private sector actors is packaging materials in innovative digital formats for wide application with partners.
- Collaborate with other project specialists (market, nutrition, gender, and MEL) on implementation of activities to achieve impacts on smallholder income, gender and diets at scale.
- Such other activities and tasks as required by the project.
This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Aquaculture, Fisheries, Business, Marine sciences, rural development, agricultural extension, socio-economics or a related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in aquaculture, preferably in the private and business sector or related discipline.
- Field based experience in conducting demonstrations, training and other field extension activities.
- Knowledge in application of gender-sensitive value chain approaches, M4P or similar programs and 4 or more years of experience in market-based programs.
- Knowledge of the various smallholder and commercial aquaculture systems in use in Bangladesh- particularly those of importance to the NW of Bangladesh.
- Proven English report and writing skills as well as ability to use computer fluently.
- Excellent communication and training skills with ability to represent the project in events.
- Experience in conducting field-based assessments.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and expertise with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Entrepreneurship, business management and private sector investment networks and experience.
- Experience in working with women’s empowerment and nutrition in small scale aquaculture.
- Experience in working with digital tools for e-learning and/or business development.
- Valid motorcycle licenses.
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative research methods.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between BDT 1,429,269 – BDT 1,561,801 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Eligibility, Location and Duration
This position will be based at WorldFish’s Office in Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in September 2020 for an initial two (2) years and four (4) months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 30 August 2020:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, head of HR and peer.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply.
Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 22:00:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!