ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Environmental Compliance Specialist
Job description: Job Context
- REPORT TO : DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY
- The Environmental Compliance Specialist will provide technical expertise to the Activity during the Activity`s environmental compliance preparations and system structuring. The Specialist will put in place the necessary environmental compliance documents and safeguards that ensure USAID compliance during Activity implementation. As appropriate, the Specialist will identify and recommend alternative or additional Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices, pesticides, mitigation actions, and safer use action plans for the Activity`s new target commodities, crops, products and geographic areas. The Specialist will also recommend actions for effective monitoring and evaluation of the Activity`s actions. He/She will engage staff and Activity partners to provide training on environmental compliance and best practices.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of a new Pesticide Evaluation Report and Safer Use Action Plan (PERSUAP) or programmatic PERSUAP, participating in consultations and meetings with key stakeholders such as chemical protection, agro-inputs importers, and dealers and suppliers.
- Review the IEE for the Activity and all other relevant environmental documents, and work with other technical staff on requirements and conditions to ensure the Activity’s environmental compliance.
- Work with the Activity’s technical team to prepare and implement required environmental compliance documentation such as Environmental Review Checklists (ERCs) for each planned activity as necessary for Chemonics’ review and finalization for onward submission to USAID.
- In collaboration with the Activity’s technical team, put in place an environmental review and compliance system, inclusive of an Environmental Manual (EM) and Framework Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (FEMMP) to ensure that all reasonably foreseeable adverse environmental impacts associated with the Activity are prevented or mitigated.
- Coordinate with the M&E team and other relevant technical team members to integrate required environmental monitoring into the Activity’s subcontracts and M&E system, and integrate data collected into reports and deliverables, as appropriate.
- Contribute in identifying and building partnership deals aligned with the Activity implementation strategy.
- Contribute to Activity quarterly, annual reports, presentations or other deliverable requested by USAID.
- Other tasks activities as assigned by the contracts manager and other relevant technical staff.
- Advanced degree in environmental science and/or management or in relevant field.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years of experience in management and utilization of program data.
- Agriculture-specific environmental impact assessment experience; experience with climate-related activities strongly preferred.
- PERSUAP implementation and experience with pesticides in Bangladesh
- Experience with USAID environmental compliance processes and procedures, and experience working with grantees strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Bangladesh’s environmental laws and regulations
- Experience preparing donor, general audience, and other reports
- Knowledge of MS Word processing, spreadsheet software, and data processing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with Activity staff, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community
- Fluency in English language required.
- Negotiable based on experience, qualifications and salary history.
Job date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 07:06:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!