খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Environmental Safeguard Coordinator
Job description: Job Context
USAID`s Nobo Jatra (NJ)/ New Beginning, a Food for Peace (FFP) Program for 5 years implemented by World Vision Bangladesh (WVB), World Food Programme (WFP) and Winrock International, in partnership with Bangladesh`s Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR) is designed to reduce food insecurity and vulnerability for 856, 116 direct participants in 40 Unions of four Upazilas; Shyamnagar and Kaligonj under Satkhira District and Koyra and Dacope under Khulna District in the southwestern coastal area of Bangladesh.
- The role is responsible for ensuring compliance with USAID’s and Bangladesh’s environmental regulations and laws. The Environmental Safeguard Coordinator will have oversight responsibility to ensure the recommendations of the project’s IEE are implemented across all project activities and sub-implementing partners. S/he will be responsible for leading environmental sustainability compliance efforts, providing training and technical support to staff and partners and manage the monitoring and reporting for environmental aspects across all sectors.
- He will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the two water Technologies especially RO Plant and Sky Hydrant. He will also be accountable to develop and implement sustainable business model in order to operating these two water technologies along with capacity building of all relevant stakeholders,i.e., water management committees, Plant Operators / Caretakers, Water Vendors , local Sales agents, Union Parishad representatives and others.
- S/he ensures the implementation of an integrated approach to incorporating environmental safeguards and activities that will address the potential negative and unintended environmental consequences of its proposed activities that will strengthen systems and structures at the community and household level to respond more broadly to contextual environmental and climate risks. This position will manage the implementation of the Environmental Safeguard Plan of the project
- This position also develops and maintains networks at the national, divisional and district level to ensure knowledge gathering and dissemination to projects.
- Key Objective of the Position
- Ensure the IEE conditions and recommendations are implemented, while considering any substantial modification to previously approved activities or addition to project activities based on donor recommendations;
- Ensure all project activities are in compliance with USAID’s environmental regulations as well as the relevant Bangladesh environmental laws, policies and regulations;
- Work with technical sector teams and activity managers to ensure project activities are designed and implemented in environmentally friendly manner;
- Determine regulatory requirements for environmental and safety oversight of project activities and assist project implementing partners as required on compliance issues and on the preparation of required environmental documentation for proposed and ongoing activities;
- Take the lead on all mitigation and monitoring activities;
- Develop and as necessary update project Environmental Monitoring and Management Plan (EMMP)
- Develop tools for screening new project activities, monitoring compliance and mitigation measures.
- Prepare report (Environmental Status Report, (ESR)) on status of proposed mitigation and monitoring measures;
- Develop and provide environmental training for project staff as required
- Provide necessary support to get NOC from DOE to establish / install Water purification plants.
- Planning, implementing and monitoring the water technology
- Develop sustainability strategy of the water technology
- Capacity building to all relevant stakeholders including WMCs, Operators/ caretakers, sales agents, Union Parishad representatives and LSPs, etc.
- Networking and advocacy to relevant public & private agencies and stakeholders for sustaining the water technology .
- Participate in M&E-related activities when required
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or other related subject
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Age at least 28 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Working knowledge of USAID’s environmental policies, rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use computers, relevant tools to measure environmental degradation;
- Ability to work in different target groups and diverse team membership
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form with staff and stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to work well in a team across a range of activities
- Work under pressure and can take additional responsibilities
- Basic computer literacy using of Microsoft Office Microsoft
- Word, Excel & MS Power Point
- Minimum 5 years of community development activities
- Experience conducting environmental impact assessments and developing/using tools to assess and monitor environmental impact
- Demonstrated experience in writing environmental, monitoring and Management Plan and environmental status reports
- Experience with USAID-funded project work
- 50-60% Travel to project areas; Working with multi – disciplinary team within WV and sub-grantees
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per Org. Policy
Job date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:49:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!