রাজশাহীর চাকরির খবর
Job title: Farmer to Farmer Volunteer Assignment: Addressing Food Safety and Quality Issues in Poultry Farms
Company: Land O’Lakes Venture37
Job description: *Please note that only American citizens and green card holders may apply for this assignment.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is pleased to offer a volunteer position in Bangladesh for someone with expertise in food safety. Your time is donated and all expenses such as airfare, lodging, meals and an interpreter are covered by the program.
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Assignment: Approx. 15 days
Country: Bangladesh Region: Dhaka; Rajshahi
The recruited volunteer is expected to have the following skills and qualifications:
- Background in training facilitation on Food Safety and Quality
- Background in poultry farm management
- Experience in dealing with mobile applications
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Agro-Food industries management and quality assurance, especially in poultry
- USAID programs experience is preferable.
- Experience in South Asia is preferable.
- Training skills, including training in group settings.
- Good writing and computer skills.
- Sufficiently physically fit, with appropriate medical clearance.
- Familiar with conducting training’s through translators/interpreters.
In Bangladesh, commercial poultry farming started in the 1980s. The industry achieved a tremendous growth from 1980 to 2007 at the rate of 20%. However, due to Avian Influenza outbreak in 2007, 2009 and 2011, the growth rate fell drastically. Today, the industry has come back again with the same growth rate around 18-20%. However, recent issues regarding chromium in poultry feed and unjustified use of antibiotics have become threats in maintaining this growth pace. So, this industry requires to adopt food safety measures and manage it with relevant food safety compliance with trace-ability.
The selected host organization has an established farm in Rajshahi (in Northern part of Bangladesh) with various breeds of poultry and sells eggs and day-old chicks. To manage the farm more efficiently, they’ve developed an integrated poultry management mobile application called ‘Poultry Manager,’ and they’ve also started working with Bangladesh Department of Livestock Services to manage the government poultry farms with this innovative technology. The host has a vision that the mobile application will be used nationally and internationally for poultry farm management. However, the host is still at a basic level and must adopt and integrate food safety measures into their mobile application. They would like to ensure that their poultry farm meets GMP and HACCP requirements and that they integrate Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and proper traceability information. They also require capacity building of their staff, producers, and suppliers regarding FSQ and traceability issues. Therefore, they need assistance in diagnosing FSQ issues, FSQ compliances, and traceability development.
Objectives and Outcomes of the Assignment
- Supporting the host in diagnosing FSQ gaps
- Training of staff, producers, and suppliers on food safety and quality compliances
- Training of staff, producers, and suppliers on traceability issues
- Support to adopt food safety measures and traceability aspects in their mobile application
- The host identified their FSQ gaps.
- Employees of the host and its suppliers trained on food safety and quality compliances
- Employees of the host and its suppliers trained on traceability issues
- Mobile application accommodated food safety measures and traceability aspects
Each volunteer must submit a Final Report to the F2F Program, which includes the following sections:
- A summary of tasks and observations from site visit(s)
- A list of 3-5 specific and actionable recommendations for the host organization(s). The recommendations are very important to the program as we use them to track host adoption of recommendations and the impact on hosts’ farms and businesses. These recommendations will be reviewed during the debriefing session with country staff at the end of the assignment and the volunteer may make revisions to them in their Final Report
- A section listing the assignment objectives and how they were met or why they were not met
- A short summary of the assignment with relevant photos that can be posted to social media
Upon return to the United States, the volunteer is requested to communicate his or her F2F experience. Outlets to share the volunteer experience include home groups (e.g., civic and religious groups, professional associations, etc.), workplace presentations, local newspapers, community or workplace newsletters, personal blogs and social media sites. It is important to give recognition to USAID for funding F2F. At least two outreach events are requested and should be communicated to Maggie Yarosh at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sadie Paschke at email@example.com. Volunteers will be invited to join a volunteer group through LinkedIn and will receive occasional surveys requesting information about completed outreach activities during each period.
Location: Dhaka – Rajshahi
Job date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 00:53:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!