ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance & Administration Manager – LHSS Bangladesh
Company: Abt Associates
Job description: Req Id 68862 – Posted 09/04/2020 – Bangladesh – International Development Division
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance-as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager for the Bangladesh country program under the USAID Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) project. The LHSS project is USAID’s flagship initiative in integrated health systems strengthening, with a goal to help low- and middle- income countries transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means to support universal health coverage. The project will support country-level efforts to reduce financial barriers to health care, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all people, and improve the quality of health care. Equally important, it will equip host countries to sustain progress after the project ends. It will do so by ensuring that local institutions and organizations have the technical capacity and expertise to independently design, implement, and manage continued health system strengthening activities. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the LHSS-Bangladesh Chief of Party, the Finance and Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of financial, administrative, and operational support for the LHSS Bangladesh program. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with senior project staff.
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the LHSS project in Bangladesh.
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office.
- Ensure that statutory and tax reporting requirements are complied with local laws
- Serve as the project’s contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consulting agreements.
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least 6 years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development programs, preferably USAID-funded projects, with successful track experience.
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, FARs, and AIDARs.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in the management of logistics and procurement are highly desirable.
- Fluency in Bengali and English required.
- Local candidates strongly urged to apply.
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 06:45:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!