ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance & Administration Manager
Job description: Job Responsibilities
- OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Finance & Administration Manager (F&A Manager) reports to the Project Director and works closely with the project leadership team to provide high-level financial management, operations leadership, and contract management. S/he ensures that financial and operational functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s technical scope of work. S/he provides counsel to help project leadership ensure that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures. The F&A Manager will liaise with the project leadership team, local partners, and MSH’s headquarters regarding any aspects of program implementation, contractual, risk management, governance and all other matters related to finance and administration. S/he will work together with project leadership to ensure that all expenditures, payments and procurement are carried out in accordance with donor and MSH standards and regulations. The F&A Manager provides authoritative leadership on all budget, expenditure monitoring, financial reporting and contract matters to ensure timely and effective implementation of the program’s activities in Bangladesh.
- The F&A Manager will oversee the financial management for all program activities. This includes oversight of procurement, administration, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records. This individual will be responsible for managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to the donor. S/he will ensure funds expended are compliant with US and local regulations and policies. S/he will implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, as per MSH standards, policies and procedures.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Management:
- Lead program annual budget development process that includes managing the annual work plan, life-of-project and activity budgets and ensuring compliance of program expenditures with approved budgets; ensure the consistency, inclusion and accuracy of costs and that they comply with agreed policy and practices, and work with staff in developing budgets for technical activities as necessary. Revise overall and sub-budgets as needed throughout the work plan year.
- Maintain systems for program budget monitoring and tracking that include financial and contractual data. Provide routine pipeline analyses to Project Director. Also, provide any ad hoc reports requested by the donor. In addition, perform routine financial analysis on program expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, identifying gaps to ensure efficient and sound project management.
- Serve as a local office lead with MSH headquarters for preparation of budgets and budget amendments to be submitted to the donor (as appropriate).
- Monitor adjustments to the annual budget whenever required.
- Coordinate monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds or the operations.
- Review purchase orders and confer with Project Director for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders for program procurement of commercial goods and services within agreed upon thresholds.
- Ensure all program staff is trained on MSH policies and procedures and compliance with the donor contract.
- Assure MSH payment of local tax and social security payments. Engage local firm as needed.
- Subcontract Management:
- Supervise sub-contract administration functions.
- Correspond as necessary with local subcontractors and MSH Home Office, in particular the MSH Senior Contract Officer as needed.
- If required, manage the development of the Request for Applications for subcontracts. Determine appropriate deadlines and scope of work. Collaborate with the Corporate Contract Office in the development and revision of all subcontract templates.
- Participate and be a voting member of the selection committee. Prepare, present, and negotiate subcontracts; amend as needed.
- Document the process by which subcontractors are selected for awards; notify applicants and other stakeholders of award decisions.
- Conduct pre-award surveys of the subcontractors and complete capacity building plans and compliance monitoring plans for each subcontractor.
- Oversee compliance with the terms and conditions of the subcontracts. Provide technical assistance to subcontractors to build their capacity.
- Monitor subcontractor spending against approved budgets.
- Monitor subcontractors’ compliance with the terms and conditions of the subcontract and the subcontractors’ policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of, interpret, and provide training and guidance to project staff and grantees on all donor regulations and policies, as appropriate. Educate program staff and subcontractors on agreement compliance and operational topics.
- Approve invoices and payments to subcontractors. Supervise all aspects of subcontract closeout.
- Administration and Human Resources:
- Collaborate with the Project Director to: (a) ensure that project activities and management operations are implemented as per MSH Mission, values, and policies, and standard operating procedures, and local laws and regulations; and (b) to safeguard MSH’s reputation – Financial, Contractual and political integrity.
- Support the Project Director in the management of the project, aligning staff, systems, and other resources with the annual work plan and budget to provide timely, cost effective, responsive, and high quality operations and administrative support within local laws and available resources, and in an environment with adequate internal controls, adhering to contracts regulations, MSH Policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of administrative and financial reports to the team leader and corporate operations offices as required.
- Provide administrative supervision to the project specific support staff and be accountable for their performance management (including regular results, check-ins, formal appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support).
- In liaison with the project leadership team, coordinate execution of internal/external financial, operations, and program reviews or audits, and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain project risk register, and take proactive steps to mitigate risks within operational functions.
- Take responsibility for risk management and good governance.
- Assure compliance with local labor laws. Engage local legal counsel as needed.
- Manage all labor contracts with local staff. Assure benefits and taxes are paid according to local law.
- Ensure project actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in policy guidelines.
- Contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity.
- Ensure that unit staff charges their time to the different project activities in a manner which accurately reflects their level of effort.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, and accounting or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 year(s)
- Ten (10) years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value.
- At least eight years’ experience in financial and operational management of complex US Government funding strongly preferred.
- Significant experience with USG-funded projects preferably in Bangladesh with regional field experience strongly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, management, planning, analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Proven leadership and capacity in negotiation and conflict management.
- Demonstrated experience to provide technical assistance to organizations and conduct trainings.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills with fluency in Bengali required.
- Professional proficiency in English preferred.
- Experience in maintaining excellent communication with Headquarters.
- Availability to live in Dhaka, and travel to neighboring communities as needed.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:30:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!