এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance and Services Manager – Cox`s Bazar based Regional office
Job description: Job Context
Helvetas Bangladesh is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Services Manager in Cox`s Bazar based Regional office. Under the supervision of Humanitarian Coordinator – Asia, this position will ensure support to the Cox`s Bazar Humanitarian Programme for smooth operation of Finance and Services in all projects. This position will also manage team members including Finance Officers, Admin and HR Officer.
- Financial oversight:
- Establish and ensure a high standard of financial management of projects in Cox Bazar and high quality and accurate accounting,
- Ensure financial policies and templates are in place, revised where necessary, and understood and applied by the team.
- Facilitate and support the Cox Bazar team budgeting processes and submission of RAPs in a timely manner.
- Produce and submit good quality financial reports as per the standards of donors, HO, and government.
- Ensure up to date financial overview of expenditure for budget monitoring (Banana) and maintain financial overview of the Cox Bazar programme.
- Inform the Humanitarian Coordinator and Head of Finance about any financial risks, budget constraints, overspending or other issues that may occur.
- Maintain good relations with financial staff of donor agencies and communicate with them in case of any questions or required approvals.
- Compliance and internal controls:
- Establish and maintain a reliable and effective internal control system within the organization which ensures segregation of duties.
- Establish and ensure compliances, internal and external i.e. internal policy compliance, donor/funding agency’s compliances and NGOAB, Tax, VAT
- Ensure compliances in obtaining NGO Bureau projects approval, fund release approvals, FD4 audit clearances and ensure timely compliance with other NGO Bureau requirements
- Support the implementation of audit recommendations and organise systematic follow up.
- Check projects finance situation on a regular basis, including visits to project sites and partners
- Oversee the development and compliance of procurement policies and practices.
- Contribute to quality assurance of partnership agreements in particular in respect to proposed budgets, funds allocation and reconciliation in line with HSI Policies, as well as due diligence checks of partners prior to final selection.
- Review and advise on grant agreements, memorandums of understanding and consultancy contract.
- Financial operations:
- Ensure all payments to vendors are made within stipulated time, prepare vouchers, post vouchers into BANANA, maintain bank books/bank ledger and record daily financial transactions keeping lines within approved budget.
- Produce monthly BANANA reports and bank reconciliations.
- Deduct Tax & VAT and maintain ledger for monthly deposition and monthly return, submit monthly return of Tax & VAT.
- Process staff salary and other benefits and fund request in timely fashion
- Reimburse shared costs to PD
- Ensure sound administrative practices in the Cox Bazar office
- Give input to the PD management team, in particular Head of Finance, on financial operations and practices and any issues that may occur.
- Organizational development:
- Support the projects finance teams, including finance staff of emergency/humanitarian projects in the financial operations.
- Organise regular meetings, ensuring smooth working relations and efficient management of the Cox Bazar programme
- Guide finance and administrative staff in their daily work
- Assist projects and partners in addressing audit observations and recommendations, and monitor progress on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Coordinate and liaise with local administrations, RRRC, DC, UNO, Camp In-charge, etc. for approval/endorsement of projects and access permission for the expat/foreign nationals working to project sites.
- Higher education in Accounting, such as Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Accounting and Finances.
- At least 8 year(s)
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience INGO, of which 5 years’ relevant position and at least 3 years in managerial position.
- Work experience with inter/multi-national agencies, and in-depth knowledge of NGO accounting, donor requirements and tendering process.
- Good understanding of National accounting laws, auditing and accounting control mechanisms.
- Working experience in Humanitarian context, working in cox’s bazar as an added value.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience or knowledge accounting software or ERP
- Good command over written and spoken English.
- The initial employment contract would be for 12 months which will include annual performance appraisal and renew of employment contract on annual basis. We will offer a very competitive salary based on the length of relevant experience of candidate in Humanitarian context. The salary offer will include benefits as such, Child allowance, Festival bonus, PF, Gratuity, Medical and Life Insurance.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 08 May 2021 02:34:42 GMT