এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance Associate, FT, G6, Cox’s Bazar
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
The Bangladesh Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2017-2020 approved by the WFP Executive Board in its first session of 2017 became effective on 1 April 2017. It aims to contribute to four Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to the four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of 13 activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the five Strategic Outcomes. Under the Integrated Road Map (IRM) WFP has committed to a new way of working, linking not only all activities to the defined Strategic Outcomes but also linking the resources used for implementing the activities to the results achieved staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision making.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the centralized registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for programme management of interventions
- Work closely with logistics unit to monitor monthly resource release and pipeline
- All tasks related to cooperating partner payments and paperwork
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in Finance/Accounting/budget area is required
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP/similar accounting software application considered a plus
- Experience of working in International NGO/organization will be an added advantage
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) and/or Post Graduate. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject is preferable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. COMET. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: FIxed Term
Duration of contract: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: as per UN salary scale
No of Position : Two (2)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
25 October 2021, 23:59 GMT
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are encouraged to apply through the WFP careers website:
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 05:50:32 GMT