এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance Officer
Job description: Position: Finance Officer
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Application Deadline: 19 April 2021
Type of contract: 7 months fixed term contract
Language(s) required: English (native/fluent writing and oral skills)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. With a 45-years track record of leading-edge science, WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income. WorldFish is a member of , the world’s largest global partnership on agriculture research and innovation for a food secure future. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia and with regional offices across Africa, Asia and the Pacific, WorldFish leads the cross-disciplinary CGIAR Research Program (CRP) on Fish Agri-Food Systems ( ).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Finance Officer (Project Accountant) will provide all financial support to the ECOFISH II Activity as a core team of finance in Dhaka. The post holder will work closely with Team Leader and Head of Finance for day-to-day financial management. The position will support the line manager/s delivering accurate and timely financial transactions that include collaborating with other members of the finance team to ensure proper accounting maintenance and compliance with WorldFish and the donor requirements. The Finance Officer (Project Accountant) will be supportive, offer training and sound advice to the relevant stakeholders and project staffs. The position holder will also work closely with different partners, assist to develop different financial plan, budget; prepare reports for donor and WorldFish HQ. Finance Officer (Project Accountant) with closely work with implementing partners, maintaining audit compliances, liaise with donor/funding organizations, and government officials to ensure quality delivery of finances.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Ensures financial reports are submitted timely to supervisor/s and strongly observes compliance of the WorldFish/donor’s Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Ensures that project expenses are accounted and uploaded accurately in the One Corporate System (OCS), and reported to the donor clearly and transparently, according to agreed timelines.
- Ensures financial reporting (monthly/quarterly/annual) and liquidation in accordance with guidelines and policy of donors, CGIAR and WorldFish.
- Assists in project management and project administration from project initiation to project closure including, but not limited to, maintaining proper project accounting files and master data, responding to external and internal queries.
- Handles Accounts Payable module, use appropriate Account Code, Agreement, BUS, AEC and assist to timely closing of monthly accounts in OCS.
- Ensures preparation of ECIFISH II Activity budget, budget revision, monitoring, adjustment & update in OCS.
- Ensures the partnership process and their financial monitoring.
- Ensures staffs and partners advances issued timely, process supplier’s payment on time and book in OCS.
- Reviews partners’ contracts, fund request and financial report and maintains partner’s records in OCS.
- Ensures that activity wise actual expenditures against budget line items are being made, informs to Team Leader and Head of Finance on regular basis, keeps track records and reviews & presents expenditure trend.
- Provides supports in procuring ECOFISH II Activity assets and in their adjustment, monitoring and providing supports to Research Associates in transferring the assets to project beneficiaries.
- Supports in the budgeting, forecasting process, budget modification, etc.
- Ensures timely reconciliation of bank accounts, submit project fund request, project subsidiary ledgers and records to control accounts and with relevant parties, where applicable.
- Supports in the managing cash transactions on OCS on a regular/monthly basis.
- Performs all banking tasks includes writing cheque, bank transactions, mobile cash transfer, collection of bank statement as and when required by the Activity.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor/s and Country Director.
This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, partly qualified with a professional accountancy body (e.g. CA, CMA, CGA, ACCA are preferable).
- At least 3-5 years of accounting, finance and/or audit experience, preferably work experience in International organizations / multi-national firms.
- Experience in a non-profit set up and understanding of project management.
- Must be conversant with international accounting standards i.e. IFRS / IAS and donor rules and regulations (USAID) relating to project/program accounting and financial reporting. Experience in USAID financial operation, policies and reporting for an international NGOs candidate are only encourage to apply.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with different levels of staffs from different cultural and religious backgrounds (in and outside of WorldFish).
- Sound book keeping and reporting knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude with proactive roles.
- Fluent in both speaking and writing in English with good command and ability to translate the Bengali language to English accurately.
- Hands-on experience with reputable ERP systems such as Agresso/OCS/Oracle and SAP.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Strong computer skills and processing of financial data.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Able to support project admin & financial matters.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience is mandatory in NGO sector.
- Accounting experience in a development organization.
- Knowledge on IAS, IFRS, GAAP, ISA will be an advantages.
- Accounting software operations including Agresso (OCS).
- Strong in essential computer software/packages like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, internet and ERP solution.
- This position is open to Bangladeshi nationals with the following skills and qualifications.
- Strong sense of professionalism, business ethics and integrity.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Teams applications.
Benefits This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with salary commensurate to the position level. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Eligibility, Location and Duration
The position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in June 2021 for an initial seven months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
How to Apply Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 19 April 2021:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, head of HR and peer.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply
Job date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 22:11:40 GMT