এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance Specialist
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Finance Specialist (FS) will be a senior member of the Country Finance team and report to the Country Finance Manager. The Finance Specialist will assist the role of the Finance Manager. He/she will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary and financial functions of DRC Bangladesh. He/she will work closely with the Finance Manager on various tasks which will include but not limited to accounting managements, budget management, Dynamics system trainings, audit and tax managements and ensuring compliance is upheld at all levels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Finance Manager in terms of timely delivery of accurate and quality financial reports including institutional donor reports where required for all projects implemented in the country, in the required formats and the internal reports to HQ.
- Support collaboration between finance and program teams for joint review of project/program coordination meeting reports, planning, and analysis.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing annual master budget for the Country, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
- Support the finance team and act as the focal point providing necessary financial data for all the process of obtaining/revising FD-6 or FD-7 and other associated project financial formalities for the NGO Affairs Bureau.
- MER file management. Ensure MER file analysis and provide feedback and take necessary action where required and on agreed timelines.
- Actively lead in the roll out of new Dynamics process and pilot projects in month end Dynamics and accounting management to ensure losses relating to accounting are reduced.
- Evaluate the data and ensure that accounting data is properly entered in ERP/Dynamics, in accordance with DRC financial rules and practices, and ensure maintaining accurate records of ERP/Dynamics entries including hard copies of all vouchers and supporting documentations
- Keep abreast of the local tax laws/requirements and ensure DRC follows the same. Proper calculations of all taxes must be adhered to and reporting to government authority timely submitted.
- Report to the Finance Manager in terms of any major non-compliance issues related with VAT & Tax before charging the expenditure.
- Overall responsible & supervision for preparation of all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and Headquarters
- Ensure compliance with financial management guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook, country office financial guidelines and donor requirements.
- Capacity building of finance and non-finance staff to improve financial management and compliance.
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee. The employee may be called upon to perform other duties as outlined by the manager to align with reorganisation in the Finance department.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience working with ERP system. Internal candidates working with DRC Dynamics will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior financial management position
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, IOM and BPRM guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- University degrees (Bachelors or Masters)
- Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA will have advantage
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (Fluent)
- Preferred to have Bengali language skills
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National contract
- Employment Band: G
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Closing Date for Application: 17th May 2021
What we offer * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefit
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organisation never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 06 May 2021 05:08:17 GMT