A flight attendant or cabin crew serves passengers before and during the boarding of a commercial aircraft. Besides earning good money in this profession, there are opportunities to travel around the country and abroad.
A flight attendant at a glance in Bangladesh
General Title: Flight attendant, cabin crew
Organization Type: Public, private
Career type: Full-time
Possible experience limits at entry level: Entry, Mid
Possible average salary at entry level: ৳ 30,000 – ৳ 50,000
Possible age at entry level: 18 – 26 years
Key Skills: Communication skills, team work skills
Special Skills: The ability to cope with stress, the ability to handle unexpected situations
Questions related to the profession of a flight attendant
- Where does a flight attendant work?
- What kind of work does a flight attendant do?
- What are the qualifications of a flight attendant?
- What kind of skills and knowledge does a flight attendant need to have?
- What is the monthly income of a flight attendant?
- What can a flight attendant’s career look like?
Where does a flight attendant work?
A flight attendant can work in public-private airlines.
Many people think that no citizen of Bangladesh gets employment anywhere other than the domestic airlines. The idea is wrong. Saudi Airlines, Thai Airlines and various international airlines are employed in this profession from Bangladesh.
What kind of work does a flight attendant do?
- Providing hospitality and other services to passengers on airplanes;
- Take the necessary steps to resolve any inconvenience or problem faced by the passengers;
- Acting on pilot advice and instructions in an emergency;
- Work on aircraft crew management, including routine coordination in desk jobs;
- Assist in risk management and training after promotion to senior position.
What are the qualifications of a flight attendant in Bangladesh?
Educational Qualifications: Passed at least HSC.
Age: The age range is usually 20 to 26 years. In case of recruitment in US Bangla Airlines, it can be from minimum 18 years to maximum 30 years.
Experience: Usually no prior experience is required. Job training is given after recruitment.
Health Qualifications: The minimum height is 5 feet 4 inches for boys and 5 feet for girls. In the case of US Bangla Airlines, it is 5 feet 6 inches for boys and 5 feet 3 inches for girls. On the other hand, in the recruitment of NovoAir, height of 18 meters for boys and 156 meters for girls is required.
Must know how to swim to get a job as a flight attendant. Having a standard body mass index (BMI) may be necessary in some cases. It is also important to have clear vision. In case of US Bangla Airlines it is mandatory to have 7/8 vision.
What kind of skills and knowledge does a flight attendant need to have?
- Stress management skills;
- Present problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Being able to ensure passenger service with patience.
What is the monthly income of a flight attendant?
At the entry-level, the average monthly income of a flight attendant is Rs 50,000. However, there is a separate honorarium on the number of flights.
How does a flight attendant’s career look like?
The promotion of a flight attendant depends on his skills. At the beginning of the recruitment, you can go from economy class to business class or first class to senior flight attendant or check supervisor or in-flight manager. In this case, the number of your flights and the review of senior officers will play an important role.