Full Job Description
- Hiring rate of $17.00 per hour
- Production bonus program
- Paid training while working alongside an experienced mentor
- A chance to grow your career with a stable company owned by Nucor, North America’s largest steel producer
- A full benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a College Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees
What You’ll Do
Bend, cut, bundle and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer’s orders. You’ll work with a mentor who will train you on safely using all machinery.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine or a power saw to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths, and a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be age 18 or over
- Must be able to work overtime when required
What You Need to Know
- Able to read and comprehend basic safety and operational instructions
- Able to perform basic math for accurate bar measurements
- Due to the operating conditions of the position, this is a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to work any shift
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar’s selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department (508-377-1135.) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.