এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Head of Operations
Job description: Job Context
- Job Location: Cox`s Bazar
- Starting date of Job: November-2021
- Duration: 30 Months
- Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- BACKGROUND OF GONOSHASTHAYA KENDRA AND THE PROJECT:
- Gonoshasthaya Kendra (GK) is a National NGO. GK registered as a Public Charitable Trust in 1972 and started with two visions (a) “the fate of the poor decides fate of the country, and (b) “development of the country depends on development of women.”
- GK has been active in responding to all significant natural disasters in Bangladesh since 1972 through the mobilization of its own and foreign resources. GK provided food aid, lifesaving medicine and treatments in its operational Upazila during flood of 1987, 1988, 2000, Tornado: 1989, Cyclone and tidal surge: 1985 1991, 1994, Cyclone SIDR 2007, Cyclone AILA 2009 in its operational areas.
- GK has experienced partnership with several UN agencies, INGOs, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, WHO, World Bank, European Union, UNHCR, Christian Aid, Action Aid, We Social Movement, French Support Committee, Save the Children, Plan Bangladesh, Medico International and many others.
- GK is managing 43 health centers in 19 districts, two hospitals of 250 beds, the largest dialysis center in Bangladesh where 100 people could be treated simultaneously. GK is running one University, Medical College, Dental College, Medical Technical School, Pharmaceutical Industry and a Vocational training school providing short, long and customized courses for distressed women. GK has awarded numerous national and international awards for its work on health and disaster response.
- Gonoshasthaya Kendra Bangladesh and its partner Malteser International are two humanitarian organizations in Bangladesh that have been working on emergency programs since September 2017, post-emergency and development. GK is currently implementing a project funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and Malteser International (MI) of “Improving the health and nutritional situation of refugees in Cox’s Bazaar and contributing to the peaceful coexistence of refugee and host communities”. The goal of this project is to improve the health, nutrition, and psychosocial status of refugees while assisting host communities through health education in community level.
- POSITION’S JOB SUMMARY:
- As a senior project management team member reporting to the Project Coordinator (PC), the Head of Operations will play a supportive role for all aspects of the Health and Nutrition Project’s finance, administration, logistics, human resources, and warehouse management. Obtain the necessary advice and/or support from the counterpart of Malteser International with an prior discussion with the PC.
- Specific functions and responsibilities include:
- Financial reporting and budgeting-
- Assist Project Coordinator in managing project budgets in accordance with GK and donor requirements, and identify any impending financial risks associated with funding gaps.
- Ensure the project is fully compliant with agreed GFFO, MI, NGOAB and GK regulations for financial and other procedures in collaboration with the Director, PC and MI.
- Assists the Finance Manager and ensures timely submission of project budgets, forecasts, requests for funds and financial reports as required by the MLI.MI.
- Prior to issuing the payment, review and approve all supporting payment documents that correctly use the account code and ensure they are in compliance.
- Examine project financial account reconciliations to identify issues and changes in financial reporting required by donors/partners.
- Assist in the preparation of MI and GOB (NGOAB) periodic reports, such as annual tax, monthly VAT, accruals, quarterly financial progress, and so on, as well as annual and semi-annual reports required by the MI. Preparation of FD7.
- Lead the finance team in delivering high-quality financial strategies, processes, procedures, and tool implementation on a consistent manner.
- Oversee and ensure staff adherence to MI and GK ethics guidelines in collaboration with all other project and GK colleagues.
- Work with the senior team and technical experts to ensure that activities are carried out within budget and in accordance with MI and GK regulations.
- Ensure proper transcription recording through QuickBooks, as well as compliance and due diligence for vendors and consultants as required by the project agreement.
- Supervise and mentor GK finance, logistics, HR, warehouse, and admin team members as part of a MI-funded project, and act as a liaison with GK Dhaka level staff.
- Plan and carry out related work with senior teams for project closeout issues; ensure proper FD6/FD7 spending,
- Submit /follow up about conditions provided by NGOAB such as project completion report, obtaining required project completion certificates from DC and TNO offices or any other relevant GoB offices.
- Represent GK – MI in the NGO meetings at DC office/TNO offices as applicable;
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are properly scanned and filled out, and that they are available for MI during project record verification.
- Prepare financial data and interpret results to promote stewardship and risk management.
- Ensure timely auditing the project as per NGOAB project completion by following standard audit function and submit to the relevant offices on time.
- Administration & general program support-
- Ensure administrative liaison with other departments within the project, as well as oversight of administrative and financial practices performed by the administrative and logistic officer.
- Oversee the delivery and monitoring of all program plans agreed upon with donors.
- Oversee the work related to NGO affairs bureau approvals as they relate to the project and funding. Ensure that the project complies with all applicable GOB regulations, such as withholding and payment of GOB taxes, GOB labor laws, and other GOB laws and regulations that apply to the project. Provide assistance with the approval of FD6/FD7 and the timely release of funds via FD2.Provide documents in fulfilling the documental requirements of NGOAB for getting the annual fund release, timely ensure the annual audit and make preparation in advance for FD6/FD7 purpose and fund release approval from NGOAB
- Overall responsibility for the project vehicle and security concerns.
- Ensure that the project vehicle is only used for official purposes and that it is available when the project requires it.
- Responsible for obtaining RRRC vehicle pass/movement approval and strictly adhering to ISCG and MI rules.
- Maintain vehicle-related liaison with local and relevant Regulatory Authorities, as well as Law and Enforcement Departments.
- Logistics, procurement, and warehouse management-
- Supervise and follow-up on timely procurement of medicine, medical consumables, and lab consumables in accordance with donor agreement, and make them available to all Health Posts (HP)
- Ensure that all materials are properly recorded in the system and distributed in accordance with the HP’s and/host community office request.
- Assist in reviewing and verifying the medical consumption report and consult with the Medical Coordinator, PC and MI team (if any changes require prior approval).
- Assist advocacy and communication efforts by planning and managing events, reports, publications, media relations, and other related activities as needed.
- Submit contract overview to MI and GK management on time, and follow-up with Logistics team on regular PO tracker, inventory, and store item updates.
- Human Resources Management-
- Extend follow-up and general support to the Human Resources Department.
- Support the HR Manager for staff onboarding and separation activities;
- Monitor team members’ outputs and ensure the organization is a positive place to work in a changing environment.
- Support and follow-up with HR manager for ensuring all activities are smooth functioning with quality.
- Staff safety and legal issues. Staff compliance and motivation.
- Should have the motivation for extra work and extra time.
- Is he have to deal with some training issues? Nothing mention about training responsibilities.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, – Major in Finance/ Accounting, Educational qualifications may be relaxed for experience and the skilled person. A CA CC will be preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large scale, complex, and managing the multi donor funded project and developing and managing large budgets
- Experience Acts and Rules of NGOAB regarding procedure of getting approval of project, fund release, annual audit and report, .
- Experience of registering NGOs with NGOAB and obtaining a work permit for expats will be an added value for the applicant;
- Demonstrated understanding of standard procurement processes, administration, HR and compliance, and reporting
- Well conversant with taxation rules of GoB;
- Relevant IT applications, experience in using QuickBooks, demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in management, finance, accounting, and office operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proven experience in supervision and management of staff of Finance manager, HR manager, Logistics manager and warehouse officer
- Proficiency MS office particularly excel with expertise in Quick books is preferable
- Understand and can demonstrate experience in contract and contracting of NGOs in Bangladesh.
- Understanding of labor laws of Bangladesh.
- Minimum Five (5) Years of Experience in I/NGOs with Humanitarian and Development Sectors.
- According to experience
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 06:22:37 GMT