এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: HIV Officer (Consultant)
Job description: Job Context
- Duty Station: Cox`s Bazar Field Office
- Contract Duration: 12 Months
- Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
- Contract Type: Contract with E-Zone
- Contract Start Date: 1 January, 2021
- Reporting to: Health Specialist/Team Lead, Cox`s Bazar Field Office (oversight by technical support from HIV Specialist in Dhaka)
- Consultancy Costs:
- Cost of the Consultant:
- The consultants will get BDT 200,000.00 per month as a consolidated package which includes lumpsum travel cost in duty station, so consultant will not claim any travel cost in addition to this. If the consultants are required to travel outside their duty station, prior approval will be required, then travel and DSA costs will be reimbursed at actuals.
- Office Space, computer, communication, stationery and other office equipment expenses will be borne by the Consultant
- Consultant will be responsible to pay all taxes as per government rules and regulations. E-Zone will make statutory deductions towards income tax as per government rules and regulations
- Objectives, Purpose and Expected Results:
- PMTCT services were initiated in 2018 in CDSH, Ukhiya Health Complex and five health posts in the camps. PMTCT teams are operational in CDSH and UUHC, PMTCT services in camp site health centres are implemented by respective organizations. UN Agency provides technical assistance to design, plan and implement the interventions, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement and monitoring. The focus of the consultancy will be to continue UN Agency technical assistance and quality assurance in ongoing PMTCT facilities, support design and initiate PMTCT services in new facilities, facilitate capacity building, promote networking with different GO/NGO partners and keep UN Agency Health Team updated on continuous basis.
- Integrated services for HIV (package of HIV testing and counselling (HTC), ART introduction and maintenance, provision of basic lab testing and follow up mechanism to enhance drug adherence for adults and children should be focused as the emergency health sector response and should be set up within the multi-disciplinary health posts having a relatively permanent existence. In this context, AIDS/STD Programme (ASP), DGHS requested UN Agency to support the development of ART/PMTCT services in Cox’s Bazar, Ukhiya and adjoining camps for both host population and Rohingya influx.
- For strengthening HIV services in Cox’s Bazar, the essential areas to be focused on; are preparing the hospitals for delivering ART/PMTCT treatment, care and support services, capacity building of the health care providers on ART/PMTCT, facilitating inter-organizational and intra-organizational coordination, providing on-site mentoring and technical support to the hospital-based implementation team, providing guidance to the hospital management, assisting for developing on-site monitoring tools as well as record keeping and reporting system, supporting preparation and review of guidelines, protocols and other related documents. . Providing technical assistance towards improving access to ART/PMTCT treatment and their strategic linkage to maternal, newborn, and child health services inclusive of facilitating high quality capacity building of health care providers and health institutions alike in Cox Bazaar District.
- Other priority is to assess the need of HIV programming for adolescent, as well as design and implement appropriate interventions, which could be integrated in to mainstream Programme of Child Protection, Health or C4D.
- The Consultant will work closely with Health colleagues and under the supervision of the Health Specialist/Team Lead in Cox’s Bazar Field Office.
- Description of Assignment:
- UN Agency Bangladesh office is seeking a HIV Officer, Consultant with the skills to integrate HIV services in Cox’s Bazar, overarchingly to strengthen and reinforce the implementation of HIV/PMTCT programme in the District Hospital, Upazilas Health Complexes and selected health facilities in the Rohingya Camps. The overall role is to maintain and improve the delivery of ART/PMTCT treatment, care and support services, coordinate capacity building of the health care providers on ART/PMTCT, facilitate inter-organizational and intra-organizational coordination, provide on-site mentoring and technical support to the hospital-based implementation team, offer strategic guidance to the hospital management, provide technical assistance for developing on-site monitoring tools as well as record keeping and reporting system, support in the preparation of guidelines, protocols and other related documents. Also providing technical assistance towards improving access to ART/PMTCT treatment and their strategic linkage to maternal, newborn, and child health services inclusive of facilitating high quality capacity building of health care providers and health institutions alike in Cox Bazaar District. The purpose of this consultancy is to bolster the country offices’ HIV services with a view to strengthen HIV issues in Cox’s Bazar District.
- Support, monitor and supervise PMTCT intervention in CXB Sadar Hospital.
- Capacity building of implementation team as and where necessary, especially UN Agency’s organizational requirements
- Provide technical inputs to the implementing team for strengthening HIV services inclusive of PMTCT in CXB Sadar Hospital
- Provide technical assistance towards improving access to ART/PMTCT treatment and their strategic linkage to maternal, newborn, and child health services in Cox Bazaar District.
- Support, monitor and supervise PMTCT intervention in Ukhiya Health Complex and establish PMTCT service in other Health Complexes when it is required.
- Provide technical inputs to the implementing team for strengthening HIV/PMTCT services inclusive at Ukhiya Health Complex
- Provide Technical Assistant to HIV/PMTCT sites in HCs in the camps
- Coordinate with Cox’s Bazar Medical College Hospital and TB Hospital to initiate PCR and viral load testing of positive pregnant women.
- Organize and conduct daylong orientation sessions for health care providers on treatment, care and support services inclusive of PMTCT, ART, HTC, UP, PEP
- Establish and maintain liaison with all local level stakeholders (GO, NGO, INGO, other UN Agencies) for making treatment, care and support services effective
- Provide technical inputs for modification and facility-based implementation of protocols and tools for PMTCT and ART intervention with implementing partners
- Organize and conduct training sessions on PMTCT and ART for physicians in HFs
- Organize and conduct training sessions on HTC for nurses/midwives/health assistants/FWVs
- Quality assurance of record keeping and reporting system into DHIS2, regular coordination with HMIS focal person for quality check.
- Provide periodic monitoring and supportive supervision to the implementing team and ensure team coherence including onsite visit
- Coordinate closely with other UN Agency supported interventions to reap the mutual benefits for service recipients
- Coordinate with SHS intervention of CMCH and HIV section of UN Agency Dhaka office for efficient and quality service delivery
- Capture case studies for documentation and educational purpose in case of both host community and Rohingya influx
- Capture key lessons, challenges and recommendations in detail
- Dialogue with C4D, Health and other sections, adolescent task force to explore integrating HIV components into adolescent interventions.
- Participate in the SRHR-WG meeting regularly and respond regarding any PMTCT issues asked by WG members.
- Medical Doctor/MBBS, advanced University degree in public health, or related field, technical knowledge in clinical management of HIV/AIDS in women and children will be an advantage.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Employment experience: 3-5 years professional experience in HIV&AIDS / Reproductive Health/Maternal Health programming and management
- Experience on HIV/AIDS treatment, care, PMTCT will be an excellent advantage
- Experience of working with multi-partner, GoB counterpart is a necessary requirement
- Familiarity with Other skills and attributes: Analytical skill, good communication skills, experience in data collection and analysis, advocacy skills, report writing skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 06:18:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!