In childhood, many of us had a dream of becoming a pilot in life. But most of us don’t know the exact process on how to become a pilot in Bangladesh.
To become a pilot in Bangladesh you have to pass the HSC exam with 2.5 in Physics and Mathematics. Then you can sit for an admission test according to the rules of CAAB. After getting an SPL license you need to acquire a PPL license. At last, you need to get a CPL license to fly any commercial aircraft.
Now is the time to fulfill the dream. Without the right idea or direction, the dream will be no longer an opportunity to be touched.Currently, there are several pilot courses in the country. Let’s see the detailed process on how to become a pilot in Bangladesh.
- Education: You must have a minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or equivalent.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to apply for pilot training.
- Physical Fitness: You must be in good physical health, and must pass a medical examination conducted by the CAAB.
- English Language Proficiency: You must be able to demonstrate that you have a sufficient level of proficiency in the English language. This is typically done through a language test or by providing evidence that you have completed your education in English.
The process of becoming a pilot in Bangladesh involves several steps, which include:
- Meet the basic qualifications: As I mentioned earlier, you must have a minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or equivalent, be at least 18 years old, be in good physical health, and have a sufficient level of proficiency in the English language.
- Choose a flight school: You will need to choose a flight school that is approved by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAAB). You can find a list of approved schools on the CAAB website.
- Complete flight training: Once you have been accepted into a flight school, you will begin your flight training. This will typically include both ground school and flight training. The ground school will cover subjects such as aerodynamics, navigation, meteorology, and air traffic control. The flight training will consist of a combination of classroom instruction and flight time in a variety of aircraft. This will typically take around 18 to 24 months to complete.
- Obtain a student pilot’s license (SPL): After completing a certain amount of flight training, you will be eligible to take a written and flight test to obtain a student pilot’s license (SPL). This license allows you to fly solo under the supervision of a flight instructor.
- Obtain a private pilot’s license (PPL): After completing a certain amount of flight time and passing a series of exams, you will be eligible to take a written and flight test to obtain a private pilot’s license (PPL). This license allows you to fly an aircraft for non-commercial purposes.
- Obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL): After obtaining PPL and gaining sufficient amount of flight hours, you will be eligible to take the written and flight test to obtain a Commercial Pilot License (CPL), This license allows you to fly an aircraft for commercial purposes.
- Obtain a type rating: After obtaining a CPL you will have to take a type rating course. This will involve further training and testing specific to the type of aircraft that you will be flying commercially.
- Pass medical examination: After passing the written and flight test, you will need to pass a medical examination conducted by the CAAB to obtain final approval for your license.
In order to become a pilot in Bangladesh, you will need to pass an admission test as a part of the enrollment process for flight schools. The admission test typically covers several subjects, including math, physics, English and general knowledge.
The Math and Physics sections of the test are designed to assess your understanding of the basic principles of flight, including aerodynamics, propulsion, navigation, and meteorology. The English section is designed to assess your proficiency in the language, which is an essential requirement for communication in the aviation industry. The General knowledge section is designed to test your general knowledge and ability to understand and apply information from different sources.
The format of the test varies depending on the flight school but may include multiple-choice questions, fill in the blank, and true/false questions. Some flight schools may also conduct an oral or practical test.
The test is usually not very hard but should be taken with seriousness and prepared well. The syllabus of the test is usually provided by the flight schools with the application form and it is best to stick to it while preparing. Some flight schools also provides classes or tuition before the test or provide preparatory materials.
It’s important to note that passing the admission test is a requirement for enrollment into flight schools and is typically one of the first steps in the process of becoming a pilot in Bangladesh.
Here is a visual explanation for you
There is a huge demand for skilled pilots at home and abroad at present. According to a report by the international airline, The International Air Transport Association, 17,000 new pilots are needed every year.
From this it can be understood that the need for skilled pilots in the international arena. This is a job where the job seeks the candidate.
It takes a maximum of one and a half to three years to do aeronautical courses. The PPL course takes six months.
And the CPL course takes a year. Admission to aviation courses can be done in two sessions, January-February and July-August each year.
These are the place that is available in Bangladesh who are providing courses- Civil Aviation Academy Training Center, Bangladesh Airlines Training Center, Bangladesh Flying Academy and Fly Aviation Limited, Arirang Aviation Limited and Galaxy Flying Academy Limited.
Bangladesh Flying Academy and General Aviation Limited
Admission can be done in two sessions a year. The duration of the course is three years. The course fee is Tk 20 lakh. Address: Bangladesh Flying Academy and General Aviation, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (to the right of VVIP Terminal), Uttara, Dhaka.
Galaxy Flying Academy
Admission can be done in three sessions a year. The course duration is 18 months. The course fee is Tk 28 lakh. Address: Home-20, Lake Drive Road, Sector-7, Uttara, Dhaka.
Admission can be done in three sessions a year. The course duration is 18 months. The course fee is Tk 30 lakh. Address: House 42, Lake Drive Road, Sector 7, Uttara, Dhaka.
Course Can be done from any foreign country also. This course can be completed in one and a half to two years from Flying Academy. In all, the cost will be between Taka 30 to 32 lakh.
In addition to passenger transport, the number of planes is increasing day by day. Aircraft There is a demand for airlines in many private airlines, including Bangladesh Airlines.
The airlines are hiring with attractive salaries. The remuneration of pilots is fixed as a bell. The average monthly income of a CPL licensed pilot is about Tk 2 lakh. Overseas airlines increase this amount.
Various airlines issued notification of hiring pilots at different times. As a first officer or co-pilot, monthly salary can be Tk.75000 to 100000.
Types of Pilot
There are two types of pilots,
1) Military Pilot
2) Civilian pilots
Military pilots are those that function pilots within the Defense. Bangladesh Navy, Air Force and military. And civilian pilots passed from flying schools/ academies to various airline companies as pilots.
Military Pilots are called GD Pilots or GDPs (General Duty Pilots). Apply immediately after HSC. Generally, the Bangladesh Air Force is assigned to the G DP post.
Applying as a pilot to the military and Navy isn’t a priority. They were called according to the requests. In this case, they are not pilots from the cadets. After commissioning at a different branch, the pilots either train in the Air Force or train at the Flying Club.
In addition to military pilots, there are civilian pilots who are skilled at flying fixed-wing aircraft. Pilots of Bangladeshi airlines usually carry passengers by plane on models such as Boeing 777-300 ER, Boeing 787-8, Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, ATR 72-500, Bombardier Dash 8.
There is no flying school for helicopters. Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB), a body that controls all operations of civil aviation in Bangladesh.
Career in Bangladesh Air force
Working in the Bangladesh Air force is a matter of great honor for any Bangladeshis without a doubt. You can immensely contribute to the country from this sector.
Not only that as a career you shouldn’t have any concern in how good is this. Bangladesh Air Force offers really handsome salary scale and other allowance that can be considered a dream job in the civilian world.
Take a look at the salary scale of different rank category officers in the Air force.
Commissioned officer Salary
|Rank||Total Pay Allowances|
|Pilot Officer||Tk. 36,263.00/-|
|Flying Officer||Tk. 45,194.00/-|
|Flight Lieutenant||Tk. 52,249.00/-|
|Squadron Leader||Tk. 87,518.00/-|
|Wing Commander;||Tk. 89,688.00/-|
|Group Captain||Tk. 92,931.00/-|
|Air Commodore||Tk. 96,034.00/-|
|Air Vice Marshal||Tk. 98,319.00/-|
|Air Marshal||Tk. 103,166.00/-|
|Air Chief Marshal||Tk. 108,841.00/-|
source: Bangladesh air force
Not only the monthly payment option you will get other allowance including Food, medical, education, transport etc. See here if you are eligible to apply for Bangladesh Air Force.
Benefits of being a pilot
- This profession has the opportunity to be established at a young age which is less in other professions. Especially in Bangladesh, earning a six-digit salary for any ordinary employee in Bangladesh, even though it seems almost impossible at the age of 24-26, it is not impossible for a pilot.
- For those who have a hobby of traveling around the country and abroad, this job is a dream job.
- If you are a pilot, you will get various facilities from the government and the opportunity to go on a mission.
Setbacks of being a pilot
- The family and personal life have to be sacrificed. You might have to spend your time in the sky on Eid or other festivals.
- Courage is very important in this profession. In any adverse situation, there are many reports of pilots being injured and killed in plane crashes. There are countless examples of pilots saving lives, even sacrificing their own lives. And it is easy to see that it is dangerous to be a military fighter pilot.
- Obey the rules and keep the weight under control. Regular pilots have to take health checks. So that they are always fit to fly the plane.
It’s worth noting that the process of becoming a pilot is rigorous and can be quite expensive. In addition, it is also quite competitive, with a limited number of training spots available at flight schools. so it is better to plan ahead and also have a backup plan.
We hope many of you become a pilot in Bangladesh and live your dream of touching the sky very soon.
For more career opportunities visit our career page.
19 thoughts on “How to become a pilot in Bangladesh in 2023-with free option”
Thanks for the clear information.
Thanks for sharing details information
Can I join other airlines if I take training from government?
You need a CPL license to fly a commercial aircraft.
Can i join a different civil airline after taking training from government? Can I get CPL from Bangladesh Airforce?
Yes you can join a civil airline after getting removed from Bangladesh Airforce. You can’t get a CPL license from Bangladesh Airforce.
How many aviation Institute in BD?
How many are they govt?( are they require any admission test? If so when and how I can apply?)
And which is the best private aviation University you suggest? (What is the course fee they ask?)
we already mentioned a few. You may or may not find more on internet.
Bangladeah Army recruit new cadets throughout the year. Keep an eye on their website or newspaper for a circular.
You should choose your own private aviation institute according to your own financial and personal preferences.
Can I take courses with the help of loans?
You should contact respective authorities.
I can,t speak well english but i can speak some thats i can admit as a ppl pailot
My first question is if I get a ppl & cpl license from an aviation academy in the Philippines, can I work as a pilot in any airline in Bangladesh with that license? And my 2nd question is if I get ppl & cpl license from any avation academy of Bangladesh, can I work as a professional pilot of airlines of big countries like America England France china etc, will there be any difficulty in getting job?
can i expect a job just after cpl?
if i can than what type of job would it be?
at what age i will be able to fly plane as a commercial pilot?
If I join Bangladesh Air force for free training as a pilot, is it necessary to continue as a air force pilot in future as well? Can I become a civilian pilot after joining Air force?
আমার হাতে বেশি আঙুল আছে। তাহলে কি আমার পাইলট হতে কোনো সমস্যা আছে??
Does BATC give degree on Aircraft maintenance engineering?? Or they only off to do the coure on AIRCRAFT maintenance engineering??
What is the total cost for nepalese student and course durations for cpl