The cache on WhatsApp is a temporary storage area that stores data so that if you access it again, the app can load it much quicker. This means that when you clear your WhatsApp cache, all of this information will be deleted and then reloaded.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to clear the WhatsApp cache for both iPhone and Android devices in different ways: from Settings, with an App, or using a third-party tool.
Knowing how to do this is important because there are many reasons why you might want to delete old messages or media files on your phone if someone has been doing something they shouldn’t have on your device; if you’re selling your old phone; or just need more space for new items.
What Does Clear WhatsApp Cache Mean?
Generally, WhatsApp has a cache system that stores data on your phone so you can access it fast.
The size of the cache is not fixed and depends mostly on how many people are using WhatsApp with each other. The more people who use Whatsapp together, the bigger its cache will be.
Clear WhatsApp cache means removing all stored data in this application from your device’s memory or storage space.
Basically, the term “clear cache for Whatsapp” refers to deleting the app’s data and files (cache) that are stored on a device. When someone clears their WhatsApp cache, it means they’re erasing all of the content on their phone that is related to WhatsApp- all messages, photos, videos, contacts, and more.
This process is typically done in order to save space on a device or for privacy reasons. It’s important not to delete the app itself from your phone because that will mean you can no longer use it. You’ll have to download WhatsApp again and register with your account credentials all over again.
Does clearing data delete everything?
When you clear cache or data on an app, it does not delete anything in the background. It will only remove temporary files that are stored in your phone’s RAM and make less memory available for other apps to use. This means that clearing things like WhatsApp Cache won’t affect any of your conversations because those are all saved on a server where the app can access them. So your text messages will remain intact.
Also, the Photos and Videos folder on your phone will still be there after you clear the WhatsApp Cache or any other app’s cache.
Is clearing cache the same as deleting browsing history?
The difference between clearing the cache and deleting browsing history is that you don’t need to clear your browser’s cached data every time before loading a webpage. Browser caching saves valuable system resources, like bandwidth, CPU cycles, and hard drive space by keeping copies of previous versions of websites stored on your device for quick retrieval or display in case they’re needed again.
Clearing your browser’s cache is a temporary activity that removes these saved copies of webpages and their associated data like cookies, images, video files, etc., from the device for security or privacy reasons. This action has an impact on how quickly you can load pages with images but won’t affect regular browsing speed since there are no visible images on a page.
Is it safe to clear WhatsApp cache?
It is safe to clear the WhatsApp cache under the following conditions:
1. If you are using it on an iPhone.
Because iPhone has a different operating system, the WhatsApp data can be accessed and cleared in Settings.
2. You have saved all your chats and media files before clearing the data.
So that you can recover them if you need them.
If you are using it on an Android phone, it is safe to clear the WhatsApp cache as long as your chats and media files have been backed up in external storage or other devices.
3. The phone was not stolen, lost, or broken while in use of Clear Cache.
This way, no one else can access and read the WhatsApp data. You will be able to recover the chat history from your iCloud or Google account.
– You have been using a different phone for a while; it is safe to clear the WhatsApp cache before switching back because of the reasons mentioned above.
It will be safer for you not to use Clear Cache when your chats or media files have not been backed up.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on iPhone?
Method 1: From setting
To access the Settings in iOS: open up the “Settings” app and then scroll down to find “General”. Tap on it, locate “Cellular” from the list of options, tap on it and select “Mobile Data”. In this area, there’s a section that says “Cellular Data”, and you can tap on this to select how much data your WhatsApp app uses.
– Go to Settings > General.
– Scroll down and tap on Storage & iCloud Usage.
– Tap on Manage Storage, and then select WhatsApp Messenger.
– Now you will see how much storage is being used by the app; hit Clear Cache when it’s full or if you want to remove some data stored in there but keep your chats intact.
– Finally, tap on Clear All Data to remove all of your chats and messages from the app.
After that you should be able to use the app without any issues until you fill up your storage space again.
Method 2: Using an App
– Install the cache cleaner app on your device.
– Open it and tap Clear Cache to remove all of WhatsApp’s data from Device Storage (be careful with this one because you’ll lose any chats inside).
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Android?
Method 1: From setting
Clearing WhatsApp cache on Android is very easy.
– Go to Settings on your Android phone and click the “Apps” option.
– Scroll down until you see WhatsApp, then tap it.
– Tap Storage (or Memory), which will bring up a list of storage options for your app. – You can choose between Clear Cache or Clear Data (which clears both cache and data). Pick whichever one is in need of clearing if applicable to how you’re using the app.”
Method 2: Using an app
To clear WhatsApp cache using an app on android here are the steps given below:
– Install an app like Clean Master or CCleaner from the play store.
– Open the app and tap on Junk Files to clear the cache of WhatsApp.
– Go back to Settings, then Apps and seek out WhatsApp again. Tap on Clear Cache if it needs clearing.”
Here are some of the best apps to use for clearing cache on Android:
– Phone Cleaner
– App Cache and Data Manager.
Pros: These are all free, easy to use, and there’s no need to root your device (if you know what that means).
Cons: They may not work as well if your phone has a custom operating system.
Method 3: From Computer Using WhatsApp Web Browser [PC] or [Mac].
Go here > Tap on “Clear Chat” > Select Clear All Chats. “This is how I clear my Whatsapp chat messages from both computer and mobile platforms so it’s important that you take note of this method too!”
Why Should You Care About Clearing Your WhatsApp Cache?
Clearing your cache will only take a moment but it can do wonders for how WhatsApp behaves on your device. Here’s what you need to know:
– Clear the Whatsapp Cache on iPhone – You may notice that clearing the cache fixes bugs and helps with app performance, mainly if you’re using an older model of Apple devices like iOS 11 or iOS 12.
– What Is The Purpose Of Clearing Your Cache? – One reason is to fix any problems in the operating system caused by outdated files from apps being left around after updates are installed and other programs being used.
– Clear Your Cache On Android Phone – If you’re experiencing battery life issues then try clearing your cache as this should help improve power management under the Android operating system if you’re using a Samsung device, for example.
The first step to clearing your WhatsApp cache is finding out if it’s possible on the phone you use. For example, iPhones can clear their cache with a simple swipe while Android users need to go through an app drawer and tap on “clear data” for this same function. If you are using a different type of device that does not allow access to these settings, there may be other options available such as deleting all messages or turning off chat history in the settings menu. Our blog post provides some tips about how each platform handles the process so you can find what works best for your specific needs! Let us know which one worked for you below!