ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Human Resources Coordinator – Cox’s Bazar (or Dhaka), Bangladesh
Company: Tdh Child Relief
Job description: Position Start Date: 15th January 2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: Cox’s Bazar (or Dhaka) – Bangladesh
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh is working in Bangladesh since 1976, with operations in the north of the country (Kurigram district), in the Dhaka district and in Cox Bazaar district.
Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
Following the massive displacement of more than 688,000 people into Bangladesh since end of August 2017, Tdh has put in place an important emergency response plan to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees, notably on health, WASH and protection.
Since 2019 Tdh in Bangladesh is part of a consortium, led by the Institute for Development Studies, for an Action Research project implemented in Asia at regional level, with an important component of cash transfer.
Tdh in Bangladesh is starting a process of integration of emergency and development approaches.
Under the supervision of the Country Representative, the HR Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the management and the implementation of Tdh HR policies at Delegation level.
S/he is responsible to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the Delegation’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies adhered by all staff while respecting the local context, local legislation and Tdh policies and values.
The HR Coordinator will lead the HR team to ensure high quality and efficient staff recruitment, contract management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care/wellbeing.
The HR Coordinator will maximize staffing resources, promote a positive organizational culture and ensure efficiency of work processes.
Reporting & Functional Relationships
- Line report(s): HR activity coordinator. He/she is the functional manager of the Administrative/HR Managers of Field bases (currently 3 operational bases) for the HR part of their responsibilities.
- Functional manager: HQ HR unit, Asia region team
- Analysis of the HR socio-economic context
- Strategic HR Leadership and Management
- HR Policies Management revision and implementation for National Staff and Expatriate Staff
- HR Team management
- Staff Performance Management and Development
- Administration management (VISA, …)
Specific stakes and challenges
- Over the last 3 years, 2 separate coordination teams have cohabitated (the Development in Dhaka and in the north of Bangladesh and the Emergency in Cox Bazar). Under the responsibility of the Country Delegate, The HR coordinator will be in charge to ensure the merging of the two approaches and of the teams in one single team: harmonization of the HR procedures and package, revision of the HR structure etc…
- Support the stabilization of the delegation after a significant period of growth, reinforce HR policy implementation and adapt to evolving context.
- Support the transition of the delegation to a more sustainable organizational structure
- Work with the management team to support the overall capacity building of staff
- Deployment of the new HR software
- Education: Diploma in Human Resources management
- Experience: Previous experience in administrative/ Human Resource management coordination position for an international NGO (at least two years); previous work experience related to Bangladesh is an advantage
- Experience of building and developing staff capacity
- Experience of team management
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Flexibility and Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €)
4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online:
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong – Dhaka
Job date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 23:08:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!