এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Humanitarian Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Grade : 3
- Reports To : Training and Liaison Manager
- Duration : Fixed term contract till 31 December 2021
- Start Date : ASAP
- BBC Media Action is the BBC`s international development charity. We use media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. We partner with civil society, local media and others to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues and strengthen the media sector through capacity building. Our work is built on insights from our research and engagement with communities and is focused on three key themes: governance and human rights, health and resilience.
- We support humanitarian agencies and actors to improve the way communications is used in disasters and humanitarian crisis all over the country including Rohingya Response in Cox`s Bazar. We are currently focusing on strengthening capacity of humanitarian actors in Rohingya response aiming to improve their community engagement skills through training and mentoring programmes and producing multi-media contents to support and improve community engagement and accountability across the response. Now we are seeking proactive humanitarian officers to ensure high standard delivery of existing commitments and to implement the training and outreach activities of the Rohingya emergency projects.
- Overall purpose:
- The Humanitarian officer will work as part of BBC Media Action`s response to the Rohingya emergency in Cox`s Bazar and delivering a common service for community engagement and accountability to agencies across the whole response. S/he will work to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of NGO, INGO and government agencies, with the aim of improving the amount and quality of community engagement and accountability activity within the overall Rohingya emergency response. The Humanitarian officer will also be responsible for organising capacity strengthening activities with wide range of partners.
- In general, normal office hours will apply but the nature of the role means that a flexible approach to working time will be necessary. The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action`s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check may form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
- Contribute to the design of community engagement & accountability strategies, systems and processes for use across the response.
- Contribute to the design of engaging and effective training sessions and help write training materials (including syllabuses, course structures, session plans and hand out/toolkit materials).
- Assist in delivering effective and engaging training and mentoring for participants from partner organisations and at community level.
- Mentor personnel from partner organisations, ensuring that they receive the support they need as they roll out community engagement and accountability activities at community level.
- Help to coordinate and organise training and liaison activities, contributing to ensuring that deliverables are on track, on time and to the required quality standard.
- Help to prepare community-facing communication materials and products.
- Assist with analysis of community feedback and project data and help to prepare information products for use by partners, humanitarian agencies and sectors.
- Work closely with teams across BBC Media Action Bangladesh and consortium partners to ensure that communication with partners is planned, coordinated and effective.
- Experience of designing and delivering high quality training and mentoring programmes within a humanitarian and/or development setting
- Experience of data management and report writing skills
- Well-developed IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent English and Bangla language skills (written and spoken).
- Strong understanding of rights and gender norms within humanitarian and displacement contexts.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the proven ability to priorities, work independently and maintain attention to detail.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and health & safety.
- Basic awareness of safeguarding practices and willingness to take part in appropriate safeguarding training.
- Broad understanding of the global humanitarian system and standards
- Demonstrable understanding of Communication with Communities, Community Engagement and/or Accountability programmes in a humanitarian context
- Experience and knowledge of informal training methods, including group-work facilitation and participatory approaches.
- Excellent Chittagonian and/or Rohingya language skills (Spoken)
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 07:06:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!