এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Information Management Manager
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The IM Manager has the overall responsibility for the design and implementation of Information Management workflows, processes, and systems in DRC Bangladesh in accordance to sectors’ needs. The IM Manager has to develop and implement country-specific strategies as well as devising, implementing and improving information management systems, processes and policies in line with DRC operational standards and procedures. The IM Manager has to create training and capacity-building plans to support the IM staff to effectively respond to an evolving and adaptive information management process that will align with the programmes and operations of DRC. The IM Manager has decision-making authority regarding technical IM issues and reports to the Head of Programmes (HoP). Under the supervision of HoP s/he will work closely with MEAL and Grants in the Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) unit and all other Technical Coordinators and Programme Managers to provide integrated information-management systems to ensure DRC programmatic interventions are both evidence based and quality assured.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Programming and Coordination
- Be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the DRC Bangladesh Information Management Strategy in close collaboration with the MEAL Manager and the senior management team to achieve short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals
- Evaluate and improve the functionality of current IM systems in use by DRC Bangladesh Programmes (e.g. Site Management, MEAL, Infrastructure, Shelter, Protection, Livelihoods and Cash) by identifying gaps and opportunities to support evidence-based programming, decision making and advocacy
- Develop strong collaborative approaches with all sector coordinators and managers to ensure that optimal, evidence based, relevant and agile programming can be achieved using a cross-cutting exchange of information
- Provide technical support on planning, design and monitoring of data collection activities using progress trackers in coordination with MEAL and Technical Coordinators
- Ensure information products are standardized and up to date in collaboration with the Communications team
- Develop/strengthen data collection and management systems as required by working closely with the MEAL Manager ensuring that all activities are being appropriately monitored, evaluated and lessons shared
- In collaboration with Risk & Compliance, keep relevant data protection policies up to date
- Implement DRC’s data quality and protection standards and policies in collaboration with the MEAL Manager, Technical Coordinators, Risk & Compliance Coordinator and Head of Programmes by
- Provide contributions to proposals, progress reports, and other donor reports and data dissemination products where required
- Work closely with the Protection Coordinator to revise and strengthen tools and procedures related to Protection Information Management (PIM), as relevant and ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate analysis, reporting, planning, evaluation, and advocacy
- Provide technical support (feedback, training, etc.) for implementation of common CFM platform in coordination with CwC sector
- Act as DRC Bangladesh focal point for Information Management and attend IM-related meetings
Organisation, administration, and personnel management
- Overall management and leadership of the Information Management team consisting of specialists, officers and assistants including staff hiring, orientation, development of staff, performance management
- Provide support and insight to technical specialists and consultants as required
- Organize and facilitate capacity-building plan for IM staff based on identified needs
- Offer trainings on Information Management to ensure there is mainstreamed understanding by all internal and external stakeholders.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in relevant fields
- Strong knowledge of at least one tabular data visualization/dashboard software, e.g. Tableau, R, PowerBI
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping and familiarity with QGIS and online GeoServices
- Proven track record in conceptualising and designing IM systems for programmes, selection of IM tools, software development and customisation and resource management
- Advanced planning, coordination, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- University degree in Information Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Social Science or equivalent professional qualifications or relevant work experience.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (expert) – required
- Bangla – required
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: F2
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 31st of October 2020
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three (3) referees’ details of your present and past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 06:57:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!