এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Information Management Officer, NOB, TA (364 Days), Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh #534678 (only for Bangladeshi nationals)
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, safety.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and direction of the WASH Sector Coordinator – and in coordination with other WASH sector team, and WASH sector stakeholders – to ensure the essential information systems and datasets needed to support operational coordination, sectoral advocacy, and strategic decision-making are functional and continually refined. The post will be based in Cox’s bazar but with frequent field visits to the Rohingya refugee camps and Bangladeshi Host Communities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain updated contact information of all/most relevant humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders as well as relevant partners from other sectors/TWiG.
- Maintain a document repository of all sector related information, standards, documents, etc., including other key datasets from other sectors for internal team use.
- In collaboration with KM, maintain the Sector website, ensuring essential content is up-to-date and key WASH partners and stakeholders have timely and easy access to WASH Sector information.
- Support humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders to allow consistency and comparability on their needs assessments and analysis through the development and/or adaptation of existing IM tools. Liaise and provide technical support to the relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate design, process and use of these tools, as well as the reporting of data.
- Support the assessment capacities among humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders by identifying needs and developing capacity building plans to overcome the existing gaps.
- Ensure data from humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders is periodically and consistently collected and stored in a way that allows comparability and compatibility, and is available for regular and ad hoc analyses to support decision making as appropriate.
- Support the coordination team in key strategic planning processes and response plan revision phases (mid-term reviews) through follow-up of SMART indicators as well as through the refinement of the WASH Sector response monitoring framework.
- Compile, share and keep up-to-date information on humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders, their capacities and interventions (including information on Who, What, Where and When – 4W), as well as support the identification of needs and gaps through the evaluation and analysis across multiple datasets.
- Ensure the timely and regular dissemination of information, through products and communication channels tailored to the needs and usage of different audiences: including operational humanitarian WASH partners and stakeholders; other sectors; donors and civil society.
- Anticipate information needs and suggest appropriate tools or products to meet the needs of the WASH Sector, Site Focal Points and operational humanitarian WASH partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead technical debates or capacities building sessions among WASH stakeholders as per issues related to information management and assessments.
- Contribute to and support UNICEF in ensuring the necessary links are made with existing information systems in the WASH sector, allowing compatibility with and input to WASH sector information management tools as appropriate.
- Lead IM/KM team and IM related initiatives of the WASH sector.
- Represent WASH sector in ISCG meetings related to monitoring and evaluation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in data science, or geographic sciences/engineering including information technology and statistics.
- Experience in conceiving and developing information systems and tools to respond to a variety of requirements (ideally with ONA, KOBO)
- Experience in mapping (with software like ARCGIS)
- Experience of producing visualization tools and dashboard (using tableau or PowerBI)
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in using, GIS and databases. Experience with Open Data Kit and mobile data collection an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience including 2 years with either the UN and/or NGO. Experience in humanitarian WASH is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organizing
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all personnel with an ongoing employment relationship with UNICEF, including staff members on a continuing, fixed term and temporary appointment, individual contractors and full-time time-based consultants, and UNV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Other similar posts may be filled from this vacancy.
Advertised: 24 Sep 2020 Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: 01 Oct 2020 Bangladesh Standard Time
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 07:42:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!