খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Laboratory Assistant (Temporary)
Job description: Job Context
- Description: Considering the importance of aquaculture to Bangladesh globally, its potential for further expansion, its history of past disease impacts and evidence of emerging ones (e.g. TiLV, AHPND, Streptococcus agalactiae, S. iniae, MrNV, ongoing larval mortality syndrome in prawn hatcheries, continued impact of WSD), it is recommended that a strong management of aquatic animal diseases be implemented. The purpose of this position is to support the existing work of WorldFish aquatic animal health research team based in Khulna mainly with Lab equipment disinfection, support Research Assistant on sampling of biological samples on farms, management of those samples on the database and all laboratory diagnostic analysis for timely reporting of results.
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: The post holder will be based at WorldFish`s Office in Khulna, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence by May 2021 for an initial eight (8) months temporary contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
- Assist aquatic animal health research in Bangladesh through the following activities:
- Keep record of all lab items (sample, consumables equipment)
- Clean and disinfect lab space and used items to keep lab free from cross- contamination
- Dispose all lab wastage following proper disposal procedure according to Khulna University guideline.
- Assist health team on sample collection and processing.
- Assist health team by autoclaving, preparing sampling items and receiving sample.
- Lab Assistant will provide support to One Health and AMR project as a support staff during workshop, training and AMR sampling, survey and data collection.
- Assist other responsibilities such as receiving lab items from courier services, support KU research student and other researcher during their lab work in KU-WF joint lab.
- Provide similar support to other bilateral funded health research projects as per management decision.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in Science.
- At least 2 year(s)
- This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in diseases lab.
- Good knowledge and experience about diseases diagnosis inventory, consumables.
- Must have proven ability in biological sample collection, sample preservation for diseases diagnostic, laboratory equipment handling, disinfecting and cleaning skills in the lab and record keeping for lab inventory.
- Experience with sampling/lab protocols, reagents/chemicals manipulation/preparations and good overall record keeping skills are desired.
- Good in handling essential computer programs such as searching information on the internet, browsing databases, using software like MS office etc are desired.
- This is an eight (8) months temporary position with salary ranging in between BDT 21,000 to BDT 25,000 monthly. WorldFish temporary staff shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 21000 – 25000 per month
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 01:00:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!